Thread: Engine ready to go back in

Engine ready to go back in

Down to a few punch-list items and the motor will be going back in the boat next week. I’m considering installing it fully assembled with the exhaust on is there any tips or advice? Or am I wasting time and better off installing the exhaust after its in the boat? The only difference from last year is the crank mounted water pump and fuel pressure regulator was added to the front of the engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Down to a few punch-list items and the motor will be going back in the boat next week. I’m considering installing it fully assembled with the exhaust on is there any tips or advice? Or am I wasting time and better off installing the exhaust after its in the boat? The only difference from last year is the crank mounted water pump and fuel pressure regulator was added to the front of the engine.
    I followed GC's advise and tricked it 90 degree to go through the hatch opening. I took the exhaust off before I took the engine out, and put it on in the boat. The water separator, slave solenoid bracket should be off and bungeed out of the way. Just measure to make sure you have the clearance. Very important that you allow the engine to be able to swivel around. The lifting lugs front and rear of the manifold didn't work as well as the carb lifting plate for me. I also changed to a vortec intake manifold which made the lifting lugs obsolete.
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

I dropped mine in with the manifolds on and risers off. Then I don't have to bend the crap out of the exhaust hose to get it on. Just slip it into the thru hulls, clamp it on, and wiggle on the risers, bolt down, then clamp.
    Top Gun 1992 22 Classic 540hp rebuilt HP500 King Cobra

I got this out of the Minx just as you see it. It was tight, but came out in one piece.
    I did take the PS pump off first so I didn't have to dump the PS fluid.

George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I have pulled and replaced mine in the X-18 with the exhaust on. It takes a bit of wiggling.
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Saturday’s results

Decided to install the motor without the exhaust and make it easy on myself.

Ready to Go

That’s it ready to go and should run pretty good.

looks sweet!

wachta gone done to er'?

Good looking installation! Nice and clean.
    Patrick

1968 Donzi Ski Sporter C16-512

Started and ran

Not sure if this is going to work but here is a short video taken yesterday at the house.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sounds great! Nice job. So, when does it get wet?

I am anxious to get the performance figures; prop, speed vs rpms, etc. Sort of a predictor of what I have to look forward to.

Every day I have been able to paint my outdrive, which is hanging from a tree, it has been pouring. I have 1 more coat of white, and a couple of coats of clear to paint before I can put the outdrive back on and start it for MY first time.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Thread Information