Thread: Lake Jackson in Sebring Florida July 19, 20, & 21

Lake Jackson in Sebring Florida July 19, 20, & 21

Next Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, July 19, 20, & 21st, we are hosting a boating event on the lake. There will be all types of boats, Outboard Tunnels, Inboard V-Drives, at least 1 Donzi, etc. Last year there were 50+ in attendance! Lake Jackson is located on US Hwy 27 in Sebring Florida in the South Central part of the state. Saturday will be the main day for the event, so if anyone can make it you should have a great time.
    L8R,
    Sid

boat ramp and event info?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

The boat ramp to use is the Veterans Beach Ramp, it is located at 4270 SW Lakeview Dr Sebring, FL the FWC Ramp ID is HG000160R if you want to use their site for location. Directions are: Take US 27 to Sebring, turn onto Vicki Dr (at Lakeshore Mall & Taco Bell), at Stop Sign turn Left onto Lakeview Dr follow Lakeview Dr around the lake and Veterans Beach ramp will be on the Right across from the water tower.
    The ramps were recently redone, a channel dredged out to the lake, and there is plenty of parking. There is overflow parking across the street from the ramp, and the Womens Club has allowed parking in their lot also across the street.
    The event is really just boaters from Scream and Fly's site, Drag Boat City's site, etc getting together. A lot are coming in on Friday afternoon, everyone will be there Saturday, and many are staying Saturday night at Sunset Beach Motel. Anyone staying over that wants their truck/trailer at the hotel and boat in the water we will shuttle you back to the ramp. We have had an informal get together at Sunset Beach Grille in the past, they have good food and a full bar right next door to the motel.
    Hope some Donzi's can make it down, up, or over.

L8R,
    Sid

I will seriously try to make it for one day on Saturday and bring a boat...

where does everybody congregate during the show on Saturday??
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

It will depend on the weather and/or wind, the last time the smoothest water was at the Sunset Beach Motel area, which worked out great. The ramp is more or less pointed East, so when leaving the channel you would head South East, there should be people arriving most of the morning so it shouldn't be hard to find.
    Look forward to seeing you there, my Donzi is a White & Red 76 Classic 18.

L8R,
    Sid

How did I miss this thread. I was actually thinking of doing that on the 13th but would of waited until the 20th. Then again I need to detail my boat first.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

We had a great turnout, and a good mix, of very nice boats. The weather held pretty good, had the usual late afternoon rain, on Saturday had a storm blow through in the afternoon. The storm had everyone head to the ramp, and ended up with 3' - 4' waves, most got their boats out --- but 2 boats got swamped and sunk. Everyone worked together and got all boats loaded very quickly, so not too bad.
    We are planning another event for later in the summer, probably September, when the date is finalized I'll post information ASAP.
    L8R,
    Sid

Keep me posted Sid....I need to see that clear fresh water.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Thread Information