Thread: Weapons Fire Type Starter

Weapons Fire Type Starter

I always wanted to do this and finally got around to installing the parts. The switch is water resistant, spring loaded to return from up (Start) to the center (Run) position. Push the red cover down to shutdown. I still need something to cover up the hole where the key was. I also installed a key lock type battery switch so no one can just jump in and fire it up.

John C in PA

IMG_20130420_164535_500.jpg
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford
    Windshields are for Sissies!!!

Looks good!

To cover up the switch hole, how about a large red light that burns when the ignition is on?????
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Great idea George. There could be a situation where the ign is on but the motor not started. I won't likely not see a 7/8" diameter light.

John C
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford

Very cool, the covered toggles are nice. I've been debating doing the same thing, have the switches and LED indicators, just need to find time to do it after I get all of the other projects wrapped up.

For the bare spot in the dash, you might could patch it somehow and cover it with one of the raised Donzi emblems available at Donzi direct. Or throw another gauge in there. Or install a missile arming or countermeasures switch. Possibilities are endless...
    "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
    - Bill Jordan

1998 Donzi 21LXR
    1971 Boston Whaler 13

I'm going with a red light as George recommended. I'll use my label maker to label it "Ejection Seat". Cool, huh? The other ideas re: gun stuff I prefer to keep offline. Remember all the posts after Newtown? It got fairly ugly. I'm well prepared. Nuf said!

John C
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford

Try a black nylon hole plug, 7/8", and then mount a small light or led in the middle of that. Something like this: https://www.cacheturnexchange.com/up...MG5F002589.JPG

Will look like a light with trim ring. Just a thought.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Looks badass, I love it.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Take the key hole area and mount a pop up mechanical trim angle indicator ............love the starter
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Update: I used a large diameter electric hole grommet to fill the key switch hole and inserted a red panel light in the grommet. Then wired the light to a dash light (which go on with ignition). Works good, looks good.

John C

IMG_20130421_182141_302.jpg
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford

Just a thought...........
    If you were to wire the light down stream of the tether/safety switch, it would give an instant indicator if the safety switch were tripped (it would go off).
    I don't know how many times folks have posted here about being stranded in the water, when the only thing wrong was the safety switch tether almost pulled off.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Just a thought...........
    If you were to wire the light down stream of the tether/safety switch, it would give an instant indicator if the safety switch were tripped (it would go off).
    I don't know how many times folks have posted here about being stranded in the water, when the only thing wrong was the safety switch tether almost pulled off.
    Good idea George. When I first got my boat, it died when I was loading it on the trailer. Could not figure out why, so I posted on here. Exactly what you mentioned. Tether was still in place, but had been pulled just enough to trip the switch. Did I ever feel stupid.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Thread Information