Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: my 1972 classic 18

Quote Originally Posted by geage View Post
    WOW!!!!!! no kidding !! like my grand mother always told me (""honey thats what they made the middle finger for"") we've quieted our boats a bit ,daves 427 jet boat has baffles and shot guns ,scott sold the red baja,that went up to new york,rick sold the 67 donzi that went to conn, come to the beach once in a while ,safety in numbers,none of this divide and conquer crap,just try to stay close ,to far to the left or to the right and you'll need an interpreter
    I heard Dave's 427 go by the other day. Sounded great. Nice to see it back out here. I will probably join you guys over there now that I will be going out later. I just love the early mornings. Smooth water, no wakes and no idiots that aren't looking where they are going.

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Bring it to the Winni Poker run this Saturday, + smile for the helicopter taking pic's of the run. Starts 10 AM + ends @ the Naswa Beach bar
    I love Winni. The wife and I rented a place up there on the water in Guilford in May. Can't get up there this weekend though. Have fun.

my 1972 classic 18

Congratulations, the boat looks great.

I too have just completed a restoration of a 1972 18. it went in the water last week after a year and a half of restoration. I've had the boat since new and it doesn't feel like summer without it.

I did stringer and transom replacement so I had to let go of my Volvo drive and went with a Bravo sportmaster shortie. the engine did 417 on the dyno. i'm not sure what prop I should use. what drive do you have and would you mind telling me what style and size prop you used.

I know what you mean about the bald spot and beer belly. when I bought mine in 72 I didn't have those problems. My wife asked me if I was going to do a restoration on my self now that my Jeep CJ and Donzi have been restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet Vette View Post
    Congratulations, the boat looks great.

I too have just completed a restoration of a 1972 18. it went in the water last week after a year and a half of restoration. I've had the boat since new and it doesn't feel like summer without it.

I did stringer and transom replacement so I had to let go of my Volvo drive and went with a Bravo sportmaster shortie. the engine did 417 on the dyno. i'm not sure what prop I should use. what drive do you have and would you mind telling me what style and size prop you used.

I know what you mean about the bald spot and beer belly. when I bought mine in 72 I didn't have those problems. My wife asked me if I was going to do a restoration on my self now that my Jeep CJ and Donzi have been restored.
    thanks, your boat sounds cool, got any pictures of it ? I still have the volvo w/a solas 23 prop

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Bring it to the Winni Poker run this Saturday, + smile for the helicopter taking pic's of the run. Starts 10 AM + ends @ the Naswa Beach bar
    Mike ,I got the info ,thanks ,if for some reason the ramp and park dont work out ,I got your# ,the golden pond tour sounds good ,I stayed on little squam years ago in the cottage near the covered bridge ,wicked nice area,

Thumbs up

Ok. you can come to Squam on a week nite, easy in +out. But you should try to make the run. It might be the last yr for the helicopter for a while. Maybe every 3 yrs. Pretty cool having it 75 feet above.......

Thread Information