Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: my 1972 classic 18

Quote Originally Posted by LeadSledMerc View Post
    Thanks, Greg. Yep it should be a lot of fun...I can't wait! I got the rollcage NHRA certified a couple of weeks ago, so that's all set. Now it's the final build.
    So what else did you get done on your boat over the winter?
    Between moving recently, not having a decent shop yet, and building that p/u, I don't think I'll have time to do anything with mine except the usual maintenance...oh well, at least I'll be out there.
    I sure hope the man doesn't pick up where he left off with us last year!
    Ive been doing little clean up stuff like fixing some spider web cracks in the fiber glass,and new rub rail,I went to west marine like you said for it ,it looks way better than that black plastic crap that was on there,,,,,we rented a house for a week this summer on lake winnisquam in the ......['' live free or die'',,as long as you have quiet exhaust, !!!] state,,,, so Ive been monkeying around fabbing up a set of turn downs ,,Im not sure how there gonna work .I put 3'' butterfly flappers inside them,they come on and off real quick w,2 alan bolts ,the last thing I want is to be up there,and have Sargent Stadanko chewing me out,,,,,,,Dave and Jill were over the other nite ,we were drinking a buddys home made moonshine around the camp fire,,,,man Dave can DRINK!!!!old rear.JPGthru hull.JPGstart turndowns.JPGturn downs.JPG

Sgt. Stedanko says "Shoot the moon!"

A set of Gibson Clamp on muffler tips would put your year boat in compliance.

ptm.jpg

The Gibson Power Tip Marine Silencers have proven to reduce decibel ranges within and to surpass the 88db limits

Quote Originally Posted by geage View Post
    Ive been doing little clean up stuff like fixing some spider web cracks in the fiber glass,and new rub rail,I went to west marine like you said for it ,it looks way better than that black plastic crap that was on there,,,,,we rented a house for a week this summer on lake winnisquam in the ......['' live free or die'',,as long as you have quiet exhaust, !!!] state,,,, so Ive been monkeying around fabbing up a set of turn downs ,,Im not sure how there gonna work .I put 3'' butterfly flappers inside them,they come on and off real quick w,2 alan bolts ,the last thing I want is to be up there,and have Sargent Stadanko chewing me out,,,,,,,Dave and Jill were over the other nite ,we were drinking a buddys home made moonshine around the camp fire,,,,man Dave can DRINK!!!!old rear.JPGthru hull.JPGstart turndowns.JPGturn downs.JPG
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Man that new rubrail makes a HUGE difference.

those short exhaust turndowns are interesting..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by 1996Z15 View Post
    Man that new rubrail makes a HUGE difference.
    X2...that looks a lot better!
    I'll be curious to see how you make out with the turndowns. Trying them out in Mashpee first, or goin for it?

Parnell has/had turndowns on his amazing 16.

When he showed up at a Dust-off on Lake George a few years ago, the boat got a ton of attention - but NO unwanted attention!

Cool Im only 20 minutes from Winnisquam

Let me know if you want to run around. I live on Squam Lake just up the road, easy in - out. Ill give you a guided tour of Golden Pond . Or, we can run on Big Winni with Woodsy. A friend owns a waterfront store on Winnisquam, if you need ice for the shine....... Just in case the fridge Chits the bed in the rental........

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Let me know if you want to run around. I live on Squam Lake just up the road, easy in - out. Ill give you a guided tour of Golden Pond . Or, we can run on Big Winni with Woodsy. A friend owns a waterfront store on Winnisquam, if you need ice for the shine....... Just in case the fridge Chits the bed in the rental........
    ......[NICE]!!!!! that sounds like a plan ,Im heading up in july , cant wait! Ill be in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadSledMerc View Post
    X2...that looks a lot better!
    I'll be curious to see how you make out with the turndowns. Trying them out in Mashpee first, or goin for it?
    Ill test them in mashpee, not sure about reversion issues , but they aint staying on,, thoses fairies can bite me!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by geage View Post
    ......[NICE]!!!!! that sounds like a plan ,Im heading up in july , cant wait! Ill be in touch.
    Great, Winni Donzi Poker Run is ALWAYS the last Saturday (on the calendar) in July. So, it will be on 7/27/13.

I've been running the turn downs for the last couple weeks,took it slow at first because I was unsure if I was going to have any issues ,but Ive been tearing it up and I'm kinda digging them ,real quiet at idle and slow speeds,then a pretty bitchin bark when Im on it.photo(6).JPG

Well my sunrise runs may be over. Harbormaster came by yesterday and said they have had complaints of noise from my early runs. Can't say as I blame them. I will now delay my runs or go out quietly on quiet mode through the prop instead of through the pipes. I can hear it bark later in the day I guess

WOW!!!!!! no kidding !! like my grand mother always told me (""honey thats what they made the middle finger for"") we've quieted our boats a bit ,daves 427 jet boat has baffles and shot guns ,scott sold the red baja,that went up to new york,rick sold the 67 donzi that went to conn, come to the beach once in a while ,safety in numbers,none of this divide and conquer crap,just try to stay close ,to far to the left or to the right and you'll need an interpreter

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Capevettes View Post
    Well my sunrise runs may be over. Harbormaster came by yesterday and said they have had complaints of noise from my early runs. Can't say as I blame them. I will now delay my runs or go out quietly on quiet mode through the prop instead of through the pipes. I can hear it bark later in the day I guess
    Bring it to the Winni Poker run this Saturday, + smile for the helicopter taking pic's of the run. Starts 10 AM + ends @ the Naswa Beach bar

Thread Information