View Poll Results: What is your everyday prop??

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hydromotive QIV

17 16.19%
  • Hydromotive QIV-OT

2 1.90%
  • Mirage

6 5.71%
  • Mirage +

21 20.00%
  • Bravo

16 15.24%
  • Turbo

15 14.29%
  • Other

28 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hydromotive Poll

Hydromotive Poll

I'm not sure how to set up a real poll so this will have to do. I was wondering how many of you were running Hydromotive props as your main everyday propeller.

THX
    Sam

I will be running a QIV as my everyday / roughwater prop. A Mirage+ will always be on hand in case I need those last 2 MPH.
    If you on the sho', then you sho' not me, yo.

1997 18 Classic 350 MAG/MPI Bravo -
    2004 Formula 27PC T-350 MAG/MPI Bravo III

i'll figure it out one of these days...

I thought the QSS has a different blade design - more like the original Quicksilver aluminum sterndrive props - than the Mirage or Mirage Plus.

The Quicksilver Thunderbolt is supposed to be the same prop as a Mirage+, Lightspeed the same as Laser II and Silverado the same as Vengeance. I think they have some others out there as well.

I have a Hydromotive 23" Q-IV; 25" Ballistic; 25" Turbo

The Q-IV is not fast up top, but the hole shot with it and the King Cobra/502 is AWESOME!!!

Running the rough waters of Pensacola Bay and Santa Rosa Sound it keeps the bow down without a lot of tab imput. Read STERN LIFT.
    "YIPPY-KAI-YAY"
    1993 Donzi Classic 22 by Chris Craft...
    White with Yellow stripes...
    502 King Cobra...
    Its hard to be humble when you own a Donzi. (In my humble opinion).
    To hear it run...click the link below...
    http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/a...er_media_share

I have my preference, I ended up with the TXP, but have to start all over again with the new deive or I won't be doing my job.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Hydros..

I've picked up a worked P5 30 and an H6 29.

Looking for a nice Q4 32, or even a 31, if anyone spots a nice one let me know.

I am going to try some other things, but I obviously like the stuff...

Question

Running a 27 Mirage + right now....Tried a Bravo 1 28 and lost about 4 mph on top at the same rpm. Any suggestions?
    '06 22 Classic GT #8, 496 HO "Double Shot"
    '96 Mirage River Racer, Merc 280 "Nervous Mother"

Sooo......What are all these "others"?
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by JustMercMe View Post
    Running a 27 Mirage + right now....Tried a Bravo 1 28 and lost about 4 mph on top at the same rpm. Any suggestions?
    Yeah, run the Mirage+.

Actually it's a little odd that you lost the mph at the same rpm. If you really want to run the Bravo send it out to BBlades and tell him what you want. I ran one of his 28 Bravos that was labbed and tweaked for more bow lift and it was night and day compared to a stock 26. The stocker needed a TON of trim and still didn't carry the bow well. The BBlades prop carried the bow much better and had a fat "sweet spot".

I ran it back to back with a Mirage 25 and a Mirage+ 27 and they were all within .2 mph of each other. Obviously at different rpms.

Merc, I will be at Eufaula with some props. We usually can solve most issues. I will have a bunch of TXPs for trial if you like. A couple of weeks it will be worth the wait. Just keep trying other stuff and rechord the data this way you can get the best for you.
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thumbs up

I bought the 28 used and I think it may have been a bass boat prop in its former life....Dunno if it has been worked or not. I've been using Performance Propeller in Soddy Daisy, TN for the majority of my props on my outboard tunnel boat and thought about sending both to them to see what they could do. I have heard a lot of people saying to send them to BBlades though. This is my first stern drive so I'm new to this big block ballgame!

Grizz, would love to try a couple at Eufaula if you have some with ya, Been looking forward to that trip since last year.....
    '06 22 Classic GT #8, 496 HO "Double Shot"
    '96 Mirage River Racer, Merc 280 "Nervous Mother"

Merc we are ready. No issue with trying from me, it will be fun.

This thread got me thinking of all the props I tried on my boat.

Mirage+ 25
    Mirage 25
    Mirage+ 27 labbed
    Bravo 26
    Bravo 28 labbed
    Turbo 1 25
    Turbo Lightning 27
    Rev 4 25
    Hydro Q-IV 25

I'm sure I forgot at least one! LOL

Thread Information