Thread: DONZI CLASSIC Cover on eBay

DONZI CLASSIC Cover on eBay

Hi all,

I have my last Classic c**kpit cover listed on ebay, here is the link... Donzi Cover

I was thinking of giving Scott (the Harbormaster ) a cut of the price for allowing me to post it here. After giving it some thought I remembered the old saying "money is the root of all evil", it is. I don't want to mess with his life, he is too great a guy. The money could also cause problems with his homelife, you know, "you're spending more money again on that dam boat?!?!". I'll bet everyone is familiar with the tone of those words!
    What I thought I would do is just spring for a bunch of PBR's when I see Scott. With that said, Scott the next time you are in Bumphuck Maine look me up and I will honor what I said. I hope you like them warm as I keep them next to my coal stove, the additional warmth they give off helps heat the old cargo container I call home. Scott, you are the man!!!!

Safe boating!

Bob

Just a quick aside (and wholly separate from all the good that is your excellent note Bob), I just can't pass up an opportunity to b1tch-slap that stupid old saying, which has snuck into our vernacular. And thanks for cutting Scot in on some beers.

Money is not only not "the root of all evil," it is not the root of ANY evil. Real money is simply the stored fruit of productive labor.

Now, don't get me wrong. Evil is, of course, VERY interested in getting its hands on other people's money (and other nice and good things). But it would clearly be foolish to say "productive labor is the root of all evil." Now, if one said "stealing money" or just "stealing" is the root of all evil, THAT might me worth something.

Now, in this case, we all know what Bob meant when he used the phrase. There is no confusion. In his context, it makes sense even though technically incorrect. My objection to the saying has nothing to do with his well-intentioned use of it. Rather, it has to do with the abuse of the phrase (ironically, for evil).

Yes, of course this was off-topic. That's what 'aside' means.

But it's a horribly abused saying and it deserves to be killed. Or visibly modified to "THEFT is the root of all evil." And I'm on a crusade here.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Funny Ad...somebody out there needs a teal cover for a right hand drive 18 w/o glass.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Money is not only not "the root of all evil," it is not the root of ANY evil. Real money is simply the stored fruit of productive labor.

Yes, of course this was off-topic. That's what 'aside' means.

But it's a horribly abused saying and it deserves to be killed. Or visibly modified to "THEFT is the root of all evil." And I'm on a crusade here.
    Mike, Mike, Mike. You surprised me. I thought for sure you were going to make a correction to the actual phrase quoted, which is wrong.

It is from the Bible verse 1 Timothy 6:10, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.” (emphasis added).
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Smile learn something every day

Bob, I didnt know you went to Princeton.......
    Shea went to Harvard........ (Facebook)

Bill, I never knew that. Don't think I'd ever heard the original until I read your post. Interesting...

Hey Mike,
    I spent a few days at Haavard, I was hitch-hiking to Maine and ended up staying on the campus. What years was Shea there?

Bob

Smile

Not sure Bob . Knowing Shea, it could have a weekend Pub Crawl in Harvard SQ

Bump for a great deal on a cover from the master . If it was Black, it be mine. Probably fit a 16 with a little alteration ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    weekend Pub Crawl in Harvard SQ

Danger: hurricane/scorpion bowling at that Chinese place.

That would be Aku Aku ..........
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Thread Information