Thread: Checked my temperature gauges !

Checked my temperature gauges !

A friend asked me if I could check the coolant gauge/sender on his DeTomaso Pantera ( the gauge is notoriously wrong).
    When we found the right sender the gauge is right on the nuts.

So I decided to check the boat gauges. Gaffrig water and oil temp gauges. Holly Crap !!!! Not even close !!!
    Both gauges never showed anything. When I rewired the boat the oil temp sender didn't even have a wire on it.

Turns out that the water temp sender was for a BBC and the oil temp sender was a NLA Autometer. Way wrong for
    Gaffrig. If the water temp gauge had even shown 100 F it would mean the water was at 200 F +

New Gaffrig senders on the way. It will be interesting to see how close they are.

Here's a picture of the Pantera gauge. The next picture is using a decade resistance box to simulate a perfect sender.

PG160.jpgPgauge1.JPG
    '
    Reality is something you rise above. Build yourself a life -- and live with it.

I wouldn't sweat it ... so an idiot thinks you're a dick ... not the end of the world.

Always live life as though you have something to learn and you will

You will also get wild fluctuations with the Pantera temp if the ground strap from the battery is corroded.
    Will also make it a bi**h to start when the engine is hot...Ed

Thread Information