Thread: Formula Jr. resto getting underway...

Formula Jr. resto getting underway...

First, I'm a new member but have visited this site many times before...Thanks for all the great info. I recently bought a '67 formula jr that needs a total resto and have a question. I am unsure how the liner floor was originally fastened to the hull. My floor sits on, and is glassed to a 3/4" plywood subfloor (very much rotted) that runs the entire length and width of the hull forward of the engine compartment. I've looked at many of the Donzi "deck off resto" photos on this site and all the Donzi liner floors are cored and sit on the stringers only (or aluminum angle like G Carter) and are tabbed in a few places. Which way is correct for the jr? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed (or photos you can share or direct me to).
    Regards,
    ddjk (Dane Lewis)

pictures attached for clarity...

These pictures show the overall needy condition and the floor as it is now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's nice to see you saving one ddjk. Welcome, take your time and good luck, there are a lot of folks here who can provide guidance.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

formula 233 prototype restoration

I have 1 of two prototypes formula 233 this is the sport model seen in a pic at the 1964 Miami boat show seems to be solid but i can see now it needs alot of love shes seaworthy but needs to be brought back to life also been verified by the vp of formula to be the prototype formula 233s owned by jim wynne any ideas on getting help restoring her i was thinking of contacting formula but what could i offer the company maybe some advertising of a fifty year old boat still going strong? any ideas would be great thanks.
    Daniel k

Thread Information