Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lake Okeechobee Waterway Run / Ditch Trip 2

Smile 2010 Lake Okeechobee Waterway Run / Ditch Trip 2

Let's see some interest in a run this year. Water levels are close to 15', so there will be no lock issues. All are on-demand.

I am looking at the weekend of the May 22nd (Sat) and 23rd (Sun). Run from Ft. Myers to Stuart and back.

Just posting this for interest, haven't contacted hotel yet on availability. Let me know what you think about dates, hotels, itinirary, etc.

The 2008 trip we did was the best Donzi run I ever been on, even though it was only one way for me.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

sounds do-able. I should be out of my crazy schedule a few weeks before then.

Man, that sounds like fun! I think it's right around the end of the semester at college too. I haven't decided to go this summer or not.

AOTH weekend for me -only 6 hours away. Tavares was 8.

Bob- what made it so good? Sounds intriguing.
    RKILBY
    25th Anniversary
    1988 22 Classic
    1966 16' Ski Sporter

That sounds great and it's in my neighborhood. What does everyone do when they get to Stuart?
    T.M. Hayes 18c

Been out of town for a couple of days.

Here is a link to the trip we did 2 years ago. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52440 Check out some photos and editorials.

What made it so good? Weather, diversity of the route, length of the run (212 mi. r/t), fun group, good party, etc.

tmh, we stayed at the Pirate's Cove Resort, had dinner and a party on Saturday night, and then most,, went back on Sunday morn.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Hey Bob!!!! Sorry but my puter took a big S#$% so I just got this SWEET Sony laptop!!! My engine is out and being sealed up as we speak Sooo WE SHOULD BE LOCKED AND LOADED for the 22nd!!!!!!

I was beginning to think there was no interest in this. Let's try and get a few more on board. I emailed Smokediver and Nate and haven't heard back from either.

Well, let's just try to keep it going.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Well, heard from John (Smokediver), today. He and Mark are in.

Keep em comin.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Hi Bob

Can I get a little more information on the hotel and whatever? So that I can make plans and reserve the rooms. Possible a second may show up with me, not a Donzi sorry.

Ricardo

PS do you think it will be anything as the run to the key? LOL

Yea I think Nate fell off the face of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will see if a couple of the Donzi guys I hang with will go! We are planning a Suwannee trip in May if you think anyone wants to go!!! Bob... you need to go at least once!!! It is a BLAST!!!!

Thumbs up

Ok, here is the deal. Pirate's Cove, 126.65/nt plus tax (10% discount over the 149 rate). This is for 6 rooms. They are blocked off and under the name Robert Wilson for 1 night on May 22nd.
    Call 772-287-2500, go to reservations.
    The room res #'s are as follows 5643, 5644, 5645, 5646, 5647, 5648. One is mine. Call and change one into your name.
    If more rooms are needed we will accommodate. Make your reservation as soon as possible and post the reservation number you have taken, so I can keep track.

Dockage: I will need some information for each boat. Please either post or email it to me at tidbitnh@yahoo
    I must Fax this info to them for reservation of space.

Owner's Name
    Make
    Model
    Length
    Reg #
    Boat Name, if applicable
    Shore power needed, yes or no?

Rates are still the same as last time. 1.75/ft
    22C will be $38.50
    28 footer would be $49
    Shore power is $5

Let's get on this and make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Note to self: PC, John in the Bait and Tackle shop, FAX 772-220-2704
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

For the itinerary, as I don't think we discussed it much.

Ft Myers to Stuart, launch at Franklin Lock Saturday AM at 09:30. Stay the night at PC in Stuart, come back Sunday morning.

If all goes well we will not be rushed to make any lock schedule as the water levels are up. Unlike last time, where some had to rush to make the St Lucie lock opening, this should be more casual on Sunday morning.

I didn't have that problem.

Bob

PS. $3/night donation for parking at Franklin Locks, and must file a float plan with the ranger.
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Quote Originally Posted by DonSierra View Post
    Hi Bob

Can I get a little more information on the hotel and whatever? So that I can make plans and reserve the rooms. Possible a second may show up with me, not a Donzi sorry.

Ricardo

PS do you think it will be anything as the run to the key? LOL

Ricardo,

Welcome. Should be nothing like the Keys run, hopefully. Bring a chair this time.

Non-Donzis are welcome. A friend of a Donzi owner is a friend of mine.

Actually, one other attendees will be Smokediver, who sold his 18 last year and is now a non-Donzi owner, but we still love him.

Hope you make it.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Quote Originally Posted by Budmann View Post
    Yea I think Nate fell off the face of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will see if a couple of the Donzi guys I hang with will go! We are planning a Suwannee trip in May if you think anyone wants to go!!! Bob... you need to go at least once!!! It is a BLAST!!!!
    Bud,

What happened to Fishboy? Get his butt to attend, been too long.

Don't think I can make another May trip. I am in the middle of finishing off the Donzi hangar. Then I have to do some maintenance on the boat for the Ditch trip. I don't need no stinkin issues like last time.

PS Did I mention that Mark (NaplesDonzi), our very own photographer will be attending. Too funny at the after-dinner party.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thread Information