Thread: Were to put fuel/water separator

Were to put fuel/water separator

Here's my situation:

I'll be running 1/2" line with an Aeromotive 1000 pump and I prefer not to run a secondary filter.

Aeromotive recommonds nothing more restrictive than 100 micron filter before the pump, with a 10 micron filter after.
    I've also "read", that the separator should be before the pump because if it's after the pump, the pump will emulsify the water and greatly reduce the separators effectiveness.

I definitely don't want unfiltered fuel to enter the pump, sooo........based on that, I'd like to put the separator before the pump. Assuming the separator will be around 10~20 microns, that goes against Aeromotive's recommendation.

Maybe I'm overthinking the whole process, but I can't decide where in the fuel line to put the separator.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

100 micron will only keep the rocks and sticks out.... if you run a 100 primary and the pump takes a sh!t from debris Aeromotive will still charge you $$$ to repair it

I would do a 30, or (50 maximum) Racor primary and 10 Racor secondary if you insist on doubling it up
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

If the 1000 pump flows up to 1000 pounds per hour, and they make this marine filter that is 10 micron that flows 2000 pounds per hour, I don't get the 100 micron thing.

http://www.rdracinginc.com/NEW-AEROM...2306-12306.htm

Thanks guys. I decided to put this filter/seperator before the pump.
    www.fstperformance.com

RPM300.jpg
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Here's where I put my Racor, BTW, the blue hose is 1/2" Aeroquip wire reinforced, USCG approved fire proof fuel hose.

George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information