Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Donzi 3250 LXC

2000 Donzi 3250 LXC

Hi all, i just put a deposit on the above boat and looking for some more information about what i should be concerned about or looking for or inherent problems with this model I should be aware of. it has twin 7.4s with brave III's not sure if theyre the 310 or 330hp how do i find out?

A boat that size has probably been kept in the water. So, blistering is a question as well as the usual transom/stringer rot. And drivetrain corrosion is a concern--sterndrives don't do well sitting in the water.

Bravo 3s run hot compared to Bravo 1s. Without good drive showers and/or very frequent gear lube changes I'd be wondering how the internals are. Best thing going for those is it might have low hours. Draining the lube, if it is not fresh, might show if there are significant metal shavings or not.

As for those motors, I think the 330/310 difference is just crankshaft vs propshaft measurement of the same beast. I think. Good news is that those don't have a very aggressive cam, so reversion issues are FAR less likely. But compression testing is a good idea for ANY prospective motor purchase.

Best of luck with it. (With that whole 'deposit' thing done, do you still have a chance to adjust price or walk if anything's wrong?)

Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Ghost, it has been lift kept but would be in the water by me in ny. I've had sterndrives on my other boats so not overly worried. Just unfamiliar with bravo iii.

ihave time to adjust or walk after survey and seatrial if anything comes up.

im told donzi dealer was first owner of boat

Quote Originally Posted by Donzi3250LXC View Post
    Ghost, it has been lift kept

That's a HUGE plus. Maybe it's a plum.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

just saw a video of it and noticed it has z32 SS badges on it anyone knwo the difference between an ss and lxc

just saw a video of it and noticed it has z32 SS badges on it anyone knwo the difference between an ss and lxc
    Same hull. SS usually has an aluminum tube arch.

no aluminum tube arch, straneg

I can't say then. Those boats all seem different. It seems Donzi was semi-custom on them so if someone wanted the SS badge they probably just put it on.

thanks, anything else i should look for good bad or indifferent

The Z 32 Super Sport (SS) package was a dress-up package to give the boat a bolder, sportier look. Many of the SS boats received 454 Mag or 502 Mag engines. In 2000, the SS package consisted of the following components:

Zero Effort controls (upgraded from standard binnacles) dual remote spot lights, Gaffrig II gauges (upgraded from standard Faria), tubular aluminum sport arch with canvas, mechanical trim tab indicators, "ultimate" stereo upgrade, Corsa Quick & Quiet Plus switchable exhaust system, upgraded ZX steering wheel, and custom color hits in the upholstery. There was an additional upgrade for the solid-color hullsides with custom SS painted graphics. We could have produced an SS boat without the tubular arch if someone requested it, but that was really the biggest part of the package.

Here you can see a photo of the boat in full SS trim: https://www.donzidirect.com/windshie...-assembly.html

Josh
    Josh Stickles
    www.DonziDirect.Com
    Donzi.Net Site Sponsor

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/donzidirect

how do i know if i have the 454 mag engines or the regular 454 mpi? what are the sero effort controls, the controls do look a bit different then normal i/o controls. this one donest have the tubular arch. it does have the gafrig gauges has auto trim tabs and the corsa exhaust

zero effort controls should have a flat base and separate shifters / throttles. they look like this and came in either black or white

http://www.mercuryracing.com/accesso...rtcontrols.php

Usually the engine has a dress cover that should say what it is. If you want to be sure get the serial numbers and look them up. I think Mercruiserparts has a spot to check the serials. https://www.mercruiserparts.com/

Which boat are you looking at? might help to post a link.

zero effort controls should have a flat base and separate shifters / throttles. they look like this and came in either black or white

http://www.mercuryracing.com/accesso...rtcontrols.php

Usually the engine has a dress cover that should say what it is. If you want to be sure get the serial numbers and look them up. I think Mercruiserparts has a spot to check the serials. https://www.mercruiserparts.com/

Which boat are you looking at?

how do i know if i have the 454 mag engines or the regular 454 mpi? what are the sero effort controls, the controls do look a bit different then normal i/o controls. this one donest have the tubular arch. it does have the gafrig gauges has auto trim tabs and the corsa exhaust
    Base power was the 7.4 MPI (310 HP). The 454 Mag MPI was an upgrade, with 385 HP. Easiest way is to look right on the flame arrestor cover. While the 310 HP engine was based on the same 454 big block, Mercruiser called it a 7.4, and called the 385 HP engine a 454 Mag. Presuming you've got the original engines in it, if it says "454 Mag" then it's the more powerful engine. If someone is advertising the boat with 7.4s, it most likely has the engines with 310 propshaft HP. A nice-running, reliable package.

The standard binnacle controls had two levers, while the upgraded controls had four, with separate levers for throttle and shift.
    Josh Stickles
    www.DonziDirect.Com
    Donzi.Net Site Sponsor

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/donzidirect

I'm attaching merc engine reports if i read correct these look like magnums. does anyone know hot to read these and what it says about the engines.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information