Thread: Cigarette at auction (not mine)

Cigarette at auction (not mine)

Saw this boat bidding just over 4 G's .....looks like good value

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...LE_DETROIT_MI/
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Looks like someone cared about it at one point. Elements look like they have taken a heavy toll. I guess for the right price it could be a project. Wonder if the hull has been draining while sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Offset View Post
    Looks like someone cared about it at one point. Elements look like they have taken a heavy toll. I guess for the right price it could be a project. Wonder if the hull has been draining while sitting?
    Not so much the elements but it was next to a boat that burned. Also the props are trashed, may need drive work and they are trs $$

That explains it. Thanks for the background information.

Parts have to be worth it at that price though ?
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

----I wonder if that was caught in the big fire that was across the St.Clair river from me last year. Over 100 boats damaged and even though it was Canada there were many USA boats stored there. The backround doesnt look like it but the boat may have been brought back from Canada at some point.......Bill S

I looked at this boat at the copart yard, last week. It was a salt water boat and has extensive salt damage to drives. Also fire has melted alot of the interior.Engine bay is filled with ice too.

this actually looks like the boat that caught fire in Bisc Bay a couple years back.. I believe the owner blamed it on an electrical malfunction
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

This boat still has melted shrink wrap on it and michigan mcs.The way the wrap is melted on top it looked to be burned, electrical fire lol!

I was just remined that the fire on the boat down here was due to an overheated engine... severely overheated
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

auction

may have sold yesterday to buyer in Indiana for $12100 on approval by Farmer ins.

[---I wonder if that was caught in the big fire that was across the St.Clair river from me last year. Over 100 boats damaged and even though it was Canada there were many USA boats stored there. The backround doesnt look like it but the boat may have been brought back from Canada at some point.......Bill S]

Bill the Cig was in the fire @ the Michigan Wyandotte Yacht Club last fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

auction news

The bid of 12100 wasnt enough for farmers and its back with new pictures to entice new buyer with more $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdonzi View Post
    The bid of 12100 wasn't enough for farmers and its back with new pictures to entice new buyer with more $$$$$$
    At 625 now but then you have to add in Copart Auction fee and the Transaction fee (wtf is with all these fees??) they will be lucky to get a couple grand for it. Its already past what I would pay for a fire damage boat thats sitting up north with no top and I'm sure not winterized.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

[QUOTE=f_inscreenname;635839]At 625 now QUOTE]

Other than women, there is nothing in the world more expensive than a "free" boat. And $625 is pretty close to free...

Gotta be a couple grand worth of parts here, but hard to tell from the pictures. Motors could be frozen, drives shot, hull damaged by fire, etc. They should have taken the $12k and ran with it IMO.
    "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
    - Bill Jordan

1998 Donzi 21LXR
    1971 Boston Whaler 13

Thread Information