Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donzi' at tavares fl show march 18-24 please rsvp

Donzi' at tavares fl show march 18-24 please rsvp

OK, I have arranged for a Donzi section in the Mt Dora/Tavares boat show this year. The dates are as follows.
    Classic Race boat Regatta
    March 19-17, 2013
    Wooten Park , Lake Dora, Tavares FL
    http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/

Sunnyland Boat show
    March 18-24, 2013
    Wooten Park, Lake Dora, Tavares FL
    http://www.acbs-sunnyland.org/

The Sunnyland show is where all the Donzi’s will be in a section of dock
    Displayed side by side.
    I had my Baby there last year and I was really surprised how it was received.
    Best part about the show and the location is that you can take your boat out all day during the show.
    Some shows ask that you stay at the dock the whole time so that people can admire. I was taking everyone that
    expressed an interest out for a blast and it was really fun and I met lots of new friends, some from here at Donzi.net.

So lets have a count so I can let Terry Fiest know how many slips he has to set aside. He is the person in charge of the whole show and he is really excited to have the Donzi group there this tear.

If you have never boated on Lake Dora it is a really scenic place with lots of rooms and great fun close by.
    Best place to stay is The Mission INN. It is about 5 miles away in Howie in the Hills. The rate is about $120.00 per night.
    They have a great Golf coarse and great Pool and Jacuzzi in case you bring the kids and the Wife.
    The food there is great and reasonable and open late. They also have pool tables and a card room not to mention a few great
    Bars.
    Mention ACBS for a good rate and visit their web site at www.missioninnresort.com

i'm in
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

How old does your boat have to be and what does it cost to keep it at the dock, etc? Wife's B-Day as well.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

I'd love to be part of it.

Apparently, the age restriction is being waived? That's good news.
    I met Bert at the last show, and Woodie owners loved his 14.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Count me in.
    1994 22 Classic
    502 Bg block
    Blue Fin 26
    Twin 300 Optimax

Its a great show with not only woodies, but classic glass. There is something for everyone! That is how I met Bert last year. First boat on the dock was his Donzi Baby. I pull a boat down from Iowa every year for the river trip on the St. Johns preceding the show and then pull over from Sandford to Mt Dora. Fun time!

We're in!

Talking Donzi at Tavares show

Lady Augusta and Fasteddie from Lake George will be there. Hope to see some old friends. We are staying at the Hampton in at Tavares.Cell 518-744-4488.
    Founder of the Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    FASTEDDIE

More info for show.

OK, Talked to Terry Fiest about Donzi at the show. There are a few rules. If you have questions you can either contact me or Terry.
    You have to be a member of ACBS Sunnyland chapter. You can do that if you are not a member already at
    www.acbs-Sunnyland.org
    I hope the next requirement doesn't offend any one. The Donzi has to be of the classic style. You know what classic style is. The 16, 18, 19 old school look. If you have a question send a picture to Terry. You can send it to me but it is not my call so don't get upset at me please.
    2013 SUNNYLAND BOAT SHOW ON LINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS AND FORM

Welcome to the Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival on-line registration page. We have gone to great lengths to make the registration process as easy and straightforward as possible. We suggest printing a copy of these instructions so you will have them handy to fill in the required fields on the registration form. A few key points to smooth the process:

• Once you have read through the instructions, click on the button at the end to go to the on line registration form
    • There is one form for all participants, including vendors.
    • All registrants, including vendors, must complete the Registrant Information section.
    • Only boats meeting the ACBS criteria will be allowed (see “eligible” below)
    • Only one water display per registrant will be allowed

All Registrant Information

If you register as an ACBS member or as a non-member the following rules apply:

• The price of registration is for up to two adults (the registrant and one first mate). Each additional crew member beyond that costs $10. Children under 18 are free but must be registered as additional crew to receive an entry badge.
    • Each registration includes the option of one boat display, either on land or in the water. A water display requires that the registrant is a member of ACBS and your ACBS number will be required.
    • A Boat For Sale on land or an additional land display are an extra charge. Only one water display per registrant and it may not display a For Sale sign.
    • For each boat registered, please upload an image in jpg or png format. Image files should be less than 1.5 MB in size. You can do this on the registration form. Pictures are REQUIRED. If you don't have an electronic version of your boat picture, mail us a photo to the address on the registration form and we'll convert it for you. Registrations are not complete until a recent picture of each boat is received.

Eligible Boats
    This is an ACBS show. Boats must fall under one of the following ACBS classifications:

• Historic – A boat built up to and including 1919
    • Antique: A boat built between 1920 and 1943 inclusive
    • Classic: A boat built between 1921 and 1976 inclusive
    • Early Contemporary: A wooden boat built 1977 to 1988
    • Late Contemporary: A wooden boat built within the last 25 year
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

sounds like somthing to put on any classic boater's calendar. Great event. Having a classic Donzi section at the docks is great news. For those that have not attended this show... it is great. Huge separate Boats for sale section, too, besides classics on land and in the water.

yo, Bert..

Bert... where does my 16 OB fit in the ELIGIBILITY chart, if it's a 1996?

also, there are a couple other 22's and maybe my just sold Criterion that want to attend dockside, but they are all built after 1976 as well...

thanx
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

I could bring my 1976 19' Boston Whaler Revenge...rare boat(4 sale).
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Check with ASBC about a 1976.

ACBS rules say about years that are legal for judging. It is up to a given show what years are invited to display without judging.

I am going to this event. I need to fly down, so no boat. I would love a ride in a 14 and a 61 Donzi!

Thread Information