Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GLM manifolds

Quote Originally Posted by Craig S View Post
    Yes...door to door.
    Outstanding!
    He priced mine to the door too. I highly recommend Hi Tek and Allen is a great guy.
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Yes...door to door.

How did he ship them ? UPS , DHL , FEDEX ?

Is it only the cost of the goods and shipping that you have to contend with , no taxes ?

Maybe I should send him an inquiry , it almost sounds like his prices have gone down
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan's Cloud View Post
    How did he ship them ? UPS , DHL , FEDEX ? Is it only the cost of the goods and shipping that you have to contend with , no taxes ? Maybe I should send him an inquiry , it almost sounds like his prices have gone down
    I don't know if his prices have gone down but, they haven't gone up much ... I bought my Hi Teks in 2013. I paid an all in price (which was cheaper than advertised MSRP at N/A dealers/distributors) and Allen prepaid everything to my door. Now, I'm in Canada.... So, when I order anything from the USA I get hit with taxes, shipping and duties as well as brokerage and surcharges sometimes. This pre-paid policy helped me decide to spend the extra on Hi Teks in the first place as the gap wasn't nearly as much as first blush. It made it easy to justify the extra.... not just a superior product.

In the USA you may not have all the extra costs added but, it makes some difference and you still get an excellent product.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sean Conroy,

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Quote Originally Posted by woobs View Post
    I don't know if his prices have gone down but, they haven't gone up much ... I bought my Hi Teks in 2013. I paid an all in price (which was cheaper than advertised MSRP at N/A dealers/distributors) and Allen prepaid everything to my door. Now, I'm in Canada.... So, when I order anything from the USA I get hit with taxes, shipping and duties as well as brokerage and surcharges sometimes. This pre-paid policy helped me decide to spend the extra on Hi Teks in the first place as the gap wasn't nearly as much as first blush. It made it easy to justify the extra.... not just a superior product.

In the USA you may not have all the extra costs added but, it makes some difference and you still get an excellent product.

I'll have to see if I can find my original invoice from the order for the set for the 502 that we got in 2003 for reference.
    One of the things that I still find a bit strange is that he does not list any prices on his website . Surely by now he ought to be in a position to know exactly what the prices are for any given set and be able to list them . Same thing for requests like +3'' , +6'' etc height extensions .
    As I recall when ours were done he simply said 'Send xxx US $ and I pay for the DHL at my end so the price will include that'
    Had he had his prices listed on his site , even if in Oz $s , I could make the conversion myself without any worry that he was just making up a price off the top of his head.
    If you see what I mean .

I'm not in the US and everything has a huge import tax . I believe that for these it's 33.5%

The A$ is down about 30% vs. the US$.
    Now is (should) be a good time to buy Australian,
    Or visit, for that matter.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I'll have to see if I can find my original invoice from the order for the set for the 502 that we got in 2003 for reference.
    One of the things that I still find a bit strange is that he does not list any prices on his website . Surely by now he ought to be in a position to know exactly what the prices are for any given set and be able to list them .
    The US$ is stronger everyday, (or the A$ is dropping). It may not be easy to price
    for export regardless of history, tooling, materials, suppliers, etc.......
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

...he does not list any prices on his website . Surely by now he ought to be in a position to know exactly what the prices are for any given set and be able to list them
    When I first started looking into his products there were North American dealers that had them priced online. I actually had trouble getting them on the phone or having messages returned so, I messaged Australia. Allen phoned me back right away and offered a deal at much less than the cost from either his Canadian Distributor or his American Dealer. IIRC, He told me they were not really representing his products according to his distribution agreement and their sales were virtually none. I think because he offered me direct pricing lower than the distributors price he couldn't put any pricing on his site.... I'm just guessing though.

BTW: Aussie dollar is almost the same as the Canadian dollar right now. But, I'm pretty sure I had to pay in USD at the time.
    Sean Conroy,

Woobs , when I first heard about HiTek I don't think there was any US dealers at that point . That came a little later and I also recall a legal wrangle that Allen was involved in where someone had pirated his design and build and was claiming them to be HiTeks .
    I also recall at least one 'agency' selling them in the US legitimately as well .
    When I found him I would guess that his market was pretty much Australia only (domestic for him) and I thought it strange that there wasn't ( and still is not ) prices listed .

If he lists prices in Aus $s that's fine with me . It takes care of his 'local' customers and anyone else can simply look up the daily conversion rate and figure out the price in a currency that applies to them .

Not accusing him of doing anything wrong , it just seems odd to me that he doesn't post prices for the products on his site .

As for the exchange rate , yeah , I think that when I got our set the rate of exchange was about .85 to the US $ and it slowly went up in time . Certainly if it goes back down to a favorable rate that would be a good time to make the call !

Sean Conroy,

Quote Originally Posted by woobs View Post
    Except none of those fit SBF...
    Yes only iron ones for the 302/351. http://www.hgemarine.com/products/ma...-hge-1-81.html
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

not sure if they are still in production but barr made alum center risers for the 302 352 w

http://www.go2marine.com/product/212...-manifold.html
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
    not sure if they are still in production but barr made alum center risers for the 302 352 w http://www.go2marine.com/product/212...-manifold.html
    Even if they are still available: Manifolds @ $500 x 2 = $1,000 + Risers at $421 x2 = $842... for a total of $1,842 plus gaskets, taxes and shipping.

I'd go with the lightweight, stainless steel and inclusive Hi Teks for just a wee bit more. (or possibly less depending on shipping of the Barr units)
    Sean Conroy,

Its been 2 and a half weeks. Im very anxious. Allen has gotten details about my exhaust ports a few days ago.

We're waiting to iron out the engines before installing...so we can then repaint the hull and deck. And start the assembly.

Very anxious on exhausts.

Soft goods went to upholstery shop yesterday. I have to figure out size of pleats...1.5 or 2 or 2.5.
    Craig
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

Its been 2 and a half weeks. Im very anxious. Allen has gotten details about my exhaust ports a few days ago.

We're waiting to iron out the engines before installing...so we can then repaint the hull and deck. And start the assembly.

Very anxious on exhausts.

Soft goods went to upholstery shop yesterday. I have to figure out size of pleats...1.5 or 2 or 2.5.
    Craig
    Rock and roll brother.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Thread Information