Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chachi meets Baby, ride Baby ride. Anybody else at

Chachi meets Baby, ride Baby ride. Anybody else at

Nice to meet you Chachi. It was a blast. There was a Corsican that came by and gave me a ride. That was the coolest. The thing really flew.
    We will be here for one more week. If anybody wants to go for a ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bert, thanks for the ride.

It was good to put a face with a name, finally.

The boat is beautiful. I hope you did well at the show.

Was the Corsican Patrick's?

If anyone on the board can ever cross paths with Bert, I promise you, the ride will be a blast.

I have never had so much fun at 45 MPH.

Thanks again.

Ken

I take it that photo and ride were at Clayton, N.Y.? I saw the boat and spoke briefly with the owner but did not realize he was a member of the board. Beautiful boat, spotlessly clean.

Saturday what a day for a boat show. Sunday probably not. I have some other pictures I will post when I get them downloaded.

Murray Adam

----Im not surprized about the great ride part, as I think Bert only goes to work so that he can get back in a boat. He is amassing a great eclectic collection that any boater would be proud to have........Bill S

Murray, you are correct. this past weekend At the Antique Boat Museum.

You wouldn't have been wearing a red Donzi T shirt on Saturday were you?

Ken

BillS, I would have to agree. Bert had a Fino there for judging that was beautiful.

That 14 is more fun at 45 than a 43 footer at 115.

And fuel consumption is a whole bunch better.

Ken

Ken, it is Monday I will be damned if I know what I wore!! However I do not have a red Donzi shirt so it must have been some other good looking guy! I have an oxygen back pack if that rings any bells.

Wish I had known you were there, I would have gladly bought you a beer on a very hot day even at the river. Travelled on to Oswego Speedway for the supermodified races and I do not think I have ever been as hot as I was on Saturday night.

Sorry to have missed you.

Murray

Murray, maybe in two weeks when the antique race boat shows up. Will you be attending?

I went to the show with my dad, (87) and the heat was just too much for him.

I left right after Bert took me for a ride. Found Dad sitting in the car with the A/C on.

Are you from the area?

Ken

Ken, I would love to go to the Race Boat meet at Clayton but we have a wedding to attend that weekend. I am about 3.5 hours north of Toronto in Haliburton, Ontario. I knew the boat show was on so I left early to get across the border knowing it would be busy (it was) and so I could go to Clayton. It is a beautiful spot with some incredible boats. Where are you from Ken?

Your dad must have been very warm, it felt relentless. I used a lot of oxygen wandering around, it was not a good breathing day.

If you are going to the Race Boat Regatta maybe you could take a few pictures for us. I was pleased to see a couple of race boats outside on the trailers. Went into the speed building saw some great race boats and got cooled off a bit.

Murray

Murray, I live in Connecticut and have a cottage in Cape Vincent. I travel up on the weekends.

I too will be attending a wedding that weekend, so I will not be attending.

Next time, try taking the ferry out of Kingston to Wolfe island and the hop on the ferry (Hornes's ferry) from Wolfe Island to Cape Vincent. There is a customs office right when you get off the ferry. Horne's ferry can only hold about 5-6 cars so customs is never really that busy.

Ken

The Cape Vincent ferry is the way to go into/from Canada, IMO.

Hi Murry!

Hi Murry, this is Bert and I remember you. I too wished I knew you were from Donzi.net buy it was nice to meet and talk Donzi with you. Red, I had a Riva there, not the Fino. I mentioned I would drag the Fino up but it got to be too much for me.
    I am still up here for 5 more days.
    Yes, Sunday was really bad !! Today was great. Ran up to Singer Island and took the tour. Really cool. My next door neighbor was the owner for a long time. It was much nicer now that someone that cares owns it.
    I made allot of Donzi contacts.
    And yes Ken, it was Pat's Corsican. He drove it wide open. I had a smile on my face the whole time. Great guy.

Bert, you were at the St Michaels boat show?
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Yes we were, you were too?

Yes, we were there. My friends took the Baby to Pittsburgh from St Michael s then brought it to Clayton and then it goes back to Pittsburgh till I figure out how to get it back to St Augustine. That show was fun. I had never been boating in the bay before.
    You weer there too? Did we meet up there?

I think so. I had this.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Thread Information