Thread: engine compartment question

engine compartment question

my tilt/trim pump stopped working for me whaile we were out, had to pull the pin at the ramp and tie the drive up to get her back on the trailer. i have changed the pump and that is all better now. My question is this,,, the shelves that are on either side of the engine seem to hold water under them. Is there supposed to be a drain cut into the stringer to let the water drain down to the bildge or should the shelf be sealed to the side of the boat??? i dont think water sitting under the shelf is a good thing, what do you all think?
    FISH HARD

I have two boxes that were added outboard of the stringers in the bilge they have drain holes fore and aft and then a drain hole thru the stringer to let the water drain to the main part of the bilge
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

I have the same situation with my 22. I have been reluctant to drill holes in the stringers because I am concerned that they cannot be properly sealed. I know the water is there and I can get it out mechanically so I think I will hold off on the drill bit surgery.

Just curious, where is the pin that will allow the drive to be tilted? Something I should probably know.

the pin goes through the drive and secures the hydrolic pistons to it
    FISH HARD

Thread Information