Thread: Cigarette 20 designs (pic heavy!)

Cigarette 20 designs (pic heavy!)

Over the past month or so I've been making some designs for my cousin's Cig for the paint job it's going to get this winter. I'm just looking for some constructive criticism here and ideas. (And yes, I realize version 10 is very similar to a larger Cig. Right now v10 is just a starting point for a new style of designs)
    I made all of the designs myself in Photoshop.
    Also, the "Cigalightning" designs are a joke and will not actually be used, despite how cool they look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Donzi 22' Classic

Of the options here, I like #10. If you want some great feedback, give Phil Lipschutz a call. The man is the master of the Cigarette and he holds a place in his heart for these small boats over anything else he does. Might be able to give you a pointer or two on what works for paint on these things, as he has done several, and they all look great!

Imo

I am a traditionalist and would do the sides top 2nd one and the deck first pic. Good luck they are all nice and clean.

+2 on #10. There where 2 20 Cig's in the Winn poker run last weekend. One was a brand new Lipship special edition with a Ilmor V 10.... Detail on it was over the top... Should be some helicopter shots posted soon.

Don't think you'll go wrong with anything you're considering. That said, I think simpler really works with these. Here's a good example, in your color scheme.

Glasspar Don 20.jpg
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Thanks for the help so far.

"+2 on #10. There where 2 20 Cig's in the Winn poker run last weekend. One was a brand new Lipship special edition with a Ilmor V 10.... Detail on it was over the top... Should be some helicopter shots posted soon. "

The owner of that Ilmor V10 Cig was actually the person who gave me the top/side "blueprints" so I could use them for my designs-

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...20-daren-1.jpg

It sure is a beautiful boat.

Ghost- I definitely agree, a simple design really stands out on the 20's
    Donzi 22' Classic

the don twenty was a glaspar copy of the 20 they copied some of the color schemes too there is a cig 20 on a lift not far from me with those exact colors from that brochure pic. as said I like most if not all of your choices
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Skipping the lightning, I particularly like 1,3,4 and,9.

I'd rule out 5 and 10. Not sure why.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

I would continue the stripe all the way to the transom without the red area expanding
    Makes the Cigarette logo pop more . . .

Attached Images Attached Images

I like the your design, Marlin. The way the red is does make the Cigarette logo pop out.

Thanks!
    Donzi 22' Classic

Thread Information