Thread: WANTED: 16 with 4.3 that needs motor or 18

WANTED: 16 with 4.3 that needs motor or 18

I am just starting to poke around, would like to find a 16 that is all set up for a 4.3 Chevy V6 but needs a motor, really want something that is all assembled with the drive but has a bad engine. I know they are few and far between, but let me know.

Also would be interested in an 18 Classic 2+3 wit the same scenario, set up for a SBC but needs a motor.

Thanks, Tim

Still looking for an 18? I have one!

Have a 1971 Classic 18 for sale - all the dirty work done including new gas tank - just needs to be assembled. Volvo 280 and Pontiac 400 (marinized) - new paint, new interior, like-new alum trailer. Sell for cost of parts and paint job - Tom 478-918-5928

still looking, email me directly if you have something as I am not on here all the time

sfaboston (at symbol) Hotmail.com

Still toying with idea of second boat, anyone has a boat for sale let me know.

Maybe something needs a motor or something mechanically sounds but needs cosmetics.

Needs to be 16 or maybe an 18

Wow................

Wow this thread is old LOL considering you started it back on 7 / 26 / 2012 funny thing i also am looking for another fixer upper ( 16 ) that needs a complete make over .

Not a V6, and WAY too much of a project I'm guessing.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...632327761.html

ORIGINAL 1965 DONZI SWEET 16' RUNABOUT BOAT.

DISASSEMBLED,NO MOTOR,160 VOLVO PENTA OUTDRIVE,90 ORIGINAL HARDWARE,WIRING HARNESS,MOTOR,ORIGINAL SPEEDOMETER AND GAUAGE PANEL,

WAS CONVERTED TO 8CYLINDER BACK IN 1971 BY MY UNCLE. HAD A 351 CLEVLAND MOTOR ,TO REPLACE ORGINAL VOLVO-PENTA 6 CYLINDER.

HAS ORIGINAL OUTDRIVE LIFT MOTOR AND SWITCH, ORIGINAL STEARING CABLE,STEARING WHEEL,STEARING MOUNTS,ORIGINAL SHIFTER AND REPLACED SHIFTER CABLE.

I ALSO HAVE THE ORIGINAL RED AND WHITE STRIPED INTERIOR CUSHION,THAT IS DRY-ROTTED BUT CAN BE USED FOR REPLACMENT CUSHIONS,MOTOR MOUNTS,ORIGINAL LIVE WELL COVER,ORIGINAL FOOT REST INSERT,REPLACED 25 GALLON TANK AND HAVE SINCE THROWN THAT OUT.

I REPLACED THE ROTTED BALSA WOOD CORE IN THE FLOOR,ENGINE TOPSIDES AND THE SEATS. THE STRINGER WERE REPLACED BACK IN THE LATE 80'S. THEY SUGGESTA CLOSED FOAM CORE AS THE NEW REPLACEMENT OR YOU COULD GO ORIGINAL AND REPLACE WITH BALSAWOOD...BUT IT SHOULD ALL BE REPLACED AT THIS POINT,SINCE THE BOAT IS TOTALLY DISASSEMBLED. I REMOVED THE TOP LAYER OF FIBERGLASS IN THE BOW ,SO IT IS SAGGING WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE INNER CORE AND FIBERGLASS ENCASING. THIS IS VERY RARE FIRST YEAR DONZI SWEET 16'.

COMES WITH ORIGINAL TRAILER.

BOAT IS IN WALDORF ,MD 20601 AND MY CELL IS 240-682-0619 LOREN
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Thread Information