Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Yellow Rose 1976?

Quote Originally Posted by f_inscreenname View Post
    I know of a little history on mine and it does have a few things in common with the boat in question. I got it from a guy in the mid west but .... From what I understand it spent some time in NJ and Florida. It's a 1976, port side steering, I thought it was more gold and white but it could be yellow, someone redid the interior also (what was left of it) no clue what it was originally, same hardware I can see in the pictures...
    I just don't see how you could be sure it was any boat unless they found it with the name still written down the side with the information at hand. Mine was painted dark blue when I got it and didn't need to be stripped down to the hull before it was repainted. It could have been named at one time but you could never prove it and what would be the first thing you would do with a boat with that history (no disrespect intended)? Strip the name off and paint it something real different. Mine even looked like it was painted in a real hurry and I could go on, on how it fits their description but how could you ever prove it today?

Hi there. D0 you have the Hull#

Quote Originally Posted by rmv42158 View Post
    DMR185047768C

PS, It's not mine anymore.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

Quote Originally Posted by rmv42158 View Post
    I do agree with you. starting to realize how most of these older boats no longer have VIN tags or anything. Its like a needle in a hay stack. I truly thought I would have some more leads then I do now.

Such a shame that many of these boats didn't survive. They just don't make them like they used to. That's for sure.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

So I just paid for a online HIN search and nothing really came back, however it did mention "Ohio DMV has title information" not sure if that is a default or not.

Keep digging, I never give up for at least a few years.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Thread Information