Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Rose 1976?

Quote Originally Posted by rmv42158 View Post
    There was no couple on board. It my father and three of his friends. Not tryign to be mean so I apoloigize if I'm coming off as such. Just the facts thats all. Anyway thanks again guys. Most people would want nothing to do with it, however if I found it I'd love to have it. Oh and the steering wheel was on the port side. If not I'd like a similiar 18 one day. Below are two pics of the boat. The one is the picture taken after the accident in NY Harbor and the other is the bestinterior shot I have. MY father is standing on the back and the rest is my sister and mom. IM the goody little kid on the backseat.

yelow rose.jpg

There's this yellow 18 in Meredith NH
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

I remember that boat VERY well as I grew up in Harvey Cedars. It was on a canal in Loveladies forever and I would see it out on the bay very often. There were only a few go-fasts back then on Barnegat Bay. My friend's Uncle owned the other 76 18 yellow Donzi which he kept at The Boat Yard in Cedars and there was another yellow 21 Hornet there too. I think I thought all Donzis were yellow growing up. I remember as a teenager wondering what happened to the boat and somebody telling me the story. Unfortunnately I too heard the driver was decapitated going between a barge, etc. Guess that is how it went around the island(sorry). I never saw the boat again nor for sale anywhere. Try the other Donzi sites as well, somebody has to know. PLEASE keep us posted and keep bumping this as I too am interested with the outcome as like I said I remember this boat very well.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

I think it was on Panorama lane? Been a while.
    Nick

My grandparents house was on Holly Drive it sold in 1997. Thanks for all the input. That Donzi in NH looks like it however the steering wheel on my dads was on the port side. That one looks to be starboard. Thanks again guys.

The boat was traded in by my grandfather to Merit Marine in Brant Beach (now Marine Max) for Sea Ray. Unfortunately Merit has no records of it that long ago.

May have found your boat?

I spotted this boat last week on vacation during a beer run crossing the 34th street Bridge. Give them a call who knows it may be your boat and could be for sale? Last registration was 2010 last winterized 2012/13 winter and the owner’s last name is Wilson. It’s a 1970’s port side steer for sure and looks to be in decent condition. Sorry to see it sitting outside uncovered however the hull did have a shine. There were several deep gouges in the gel coat and it is a yellow boat.
    All Seasons Marina Ocean City, New Jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images

My wife had the same look on her face as your sister the 2 times she ever agreed to go for a ride on my Sweet 16. Ready for action .

I hope you find your boat!

John C

[/QUOTE]
    '
    92 Sweet 16 302 Ford
    Windshields are for Sissies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    I spotted this boat last week on vacation during a beer run crossing the 34th street Bridge. Give them a call who knows it may be your boat and could be for sale? Last registration was 2010 last winterized 2012/13 winter and the owner’s last name is Wilson. It’s a 1970’s port side steer for sure and looks to be in decent condition. Sorry to see it sitting outside uncovered however the hull did have a shine. There were several deep gouges in the gel coat and it is a yellow boat.
    All Seasons Marina Ocean City, New Jersey
    OMG thank you so much just saw this calling them now....thanks again.

Got my fingers crossed for you...Ed

Well it turns out it's not it. That boat is 73 and he has owned it since thre 80's. I appreciate all the help though. The search continues.

It also had an all yellow hull where yours was yellow & white.
    Nick

I saw a beat up yellow donzi on dock rd In tucker ton a few years back with my dad...
    Sincerely,
    Broque
    1971 H/M 18' classic
    351w/Volvo 250
    MTI TA trailer thanks to Dr Dan!

Yes, I have a lanyard
    N/E donzi club member
    My Space

I would not doubt that. Tuckerton may be a good place to search.
    Nick

Really? I live in the next town over from Tuckerton. Darn. Hopefully it turns up one day. Thanks again for all your replies guys.

How certain are you about the year model? The clamshells look like the older style to me. I am not an expert, but the two 76's I have been around (EricH's & Krakmeup's) had the newer style with the black plastic bottom.

JimG

Hang in there, you will find it.
    1970 18 2+3 Hull #18-355 H/M 351W Volvo 250
    07 Cayman IT IS BACK! - '13 Abarth Cabrio

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

Thread Information