Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Interior!

New Interior!

***Warning to all TR purists view at your own risk.*** Just got my all-red interior for my TR in. Installed it all yesterday and it looks quite bad-ass IMHO. I do realize this may no longer make my boat a TR but 1) I dont really care I wanted what I thought looked best. 2) I've wrapped up the old grey stuff in plastic to be put in storage just in case I ever need to prove it to someone.

I do have to say that Josh at DOnzidirect does an amazing job. The wood base of my old seats were starting to go internally I saw after I pulle dout the base hardware. These new ones are not only made of a dense synthetic product, but they are also set with metal thread inserts for the 7/16" lugs on the bottom which I wont have to ever worry about in my lifetime anyways.

I also have to give a big shout-out to BILL form Grand Rapids, MI on his genious with the velcro. Dude, you have it right on with this idea:
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=velcro

I followed his lead and he was 100% correct on going this route in my opinion so if anyone orders new intereior....GET THE VELCRO. nuff said:

IMG-20120626-00621[1].JPGIMG-20120626-00622.jpgIMG-20120626-00623.jpgIMG-20120626-00624.jpg

I Like It

You new interior look is very nice. Not familiar with a TR did your boat come with short grab rails or did you add them later?

Thanks Bobby! The Testarossa model came with grey interior originally and many on here say that the all red hull in addition to the grey interior are what makes it a "TR". As for the grab rails, I have seen a few other TR's on line but all of them 22's which have a longer windshield that almost has a grab area where it anchors to the boat on either side. Last week I came across another 18, which is the only other 18 I've seen online. It had the same grab rails as mine:

http://images.craigslist.org/5I85Fe5...8fb8ee1a2e.jpg

So that being said, I am going to guess that yes, they were original issue. I like them obviously for their intended useage but also as a good spot to tie up a bumper to when docking.

That interior looks great!
    "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
    - Bill Jordan

1998 Donzi 21LXR
    1971 Boston Whaler 13

I like it WAY better than the grey. I had the same grey interior in my Minx (anniversary edition not TR) and it sucked. I'd kinda like to see the Anniversary edition with red interior now. Gray on the outside with red interior would look cool because the pinstripes are red on the boat too.

Either way... your boat is NICE!!!

Looks great! Now I gotta go back and re-read the velcro stuff...

(I think white upholstery would also look great. TR gray looks good and is cool as its own thing, but choosing between the two, I'd be partial to a white that pops and also stays as cool as possible.)
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

The "staying as cool as possible" is what I was referencing about the gray sucking. I always left the boat looking like a band of gypsies were using it because I had to cover everything with towels any time I got out of the boat in order to not fry my ass off getting back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricke
    I also have to give a big shout-out to Jim form Grand Rapids, MI on his genious with the velcro. Dude, you have it right on with this idea:
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=velcro
    Wow! I was wanting to PM Jim and tell him, "Great Minds think alike!" But when I went to the link, I was it was mine.

Glad you decided to take the leap of faith and run with the Velcro. It is spectacular!

Bill
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Wow. Stunning. I really like it.

Did the velcro replace the snaps to hold the interior in place?

Nice boat.

I think it looks great. I'm all for customizing our boats and I think that you only increased the value of yours.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Hi Jim!

Patrick, I like the red.
    Actually, what makes a TR is the sales receipt saying that is what it is.
    Apparently, there were similar red boats built w/similar trim that weren't TR's.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

TR's were pretty expensive, the price today translates into something more than $80K.

Here's a copy of my bill of sale.......

George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

And thank you and sorry BILL from Grand Rapids Michigan!

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

George, I love that you have this. This is awesome! For some reason this wasnt pulling up last time I responded on my Ipad. 614 bucks freight not bad!

Offset: Yes, I simply placed velcro strips across the former lime of snaps. I am however going to ad 1 or 2 buttons back to the sides of the rear back pad to hold that "arm" onto the the boat better towards the bottom seat cushion.

That's an awfully expensive stereo in 1987...
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Thread Information