Thread: 1972 Donzi 18 2+3 needs restoration

1970 Donzi 18 2+3 needs restoration

I have one too many boats. I've always wanted a Donzi, but after looking for a year, I 'settled' on a Ski Nautique. 5 months later, a Donzi went for sale locally and I had to have it. My wife gave permission as long as I sold the other boat. After using both last year, I find that the Ski Nautique is a much better family boat. Now I'm torn as to which I should sell: the boat which is the most fun for me or the one which is the most fun for the rest of the family. Both are stored in a garage in Maine (about 4 hours from Boston). Test drives are available on a nearby Maine lake. I'll tow either boat back to the Boston area for test drives for extremely serious offers with deposit. More photos and videos available upon request. The Both boats are listed on the Boston Craigslist, but I thought Donzi enthusiasts would be more interested in the Classic 18.

I'm asking $6500 including the trailer

Here are the Details:
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3
    Holman Moody 351 Windsor engine with newly rebuilt Holley carburetor, Edelbrock Performer intake, Petronix electric ignition, new plugs and wires
    The previous owner must have swapped in an automotive 351; it doesn't have a marine alternator and it probably doesn't have a marine starter.

Brand new Optima battery
    Volvo 250 outdrive with two 15x23 inch props in good condition; extra Volvo upper drive unit
    Gas tank does not leak (I had a guy do a 'fuel polish' and he inspected the inside of the tank)
    Interior and exterior could use a restoration
    New LED lights on the included trailer

This is not a good boat for people who want a perfect looking boat. My todo list for this boat is very long and my wife complains that I spend more time working on the boat than using it. That's true, but I like doing that work and fixing things that are broken.
    Even in its current state, the motor sounds great and attracts a lot of positive attention. Other boaters seem to like to drive by and talk about the boat. I will certainly miss if if I end up selling it. There seems to be much more interest in the Nautique though, because I probably priced it too low.

More pictures are available here:
    http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/ivypandas/Donzi/?albumview=slideshow

Below is my introductory posting in Donzi.net
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...wbie-questions

Davis
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ivypandas; 07-19-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: correct typo

Thumbs up Your Donzi

Please e-mail me.

Greg Joseph in California
    gfjoseph@sbcglobal.net

Nautique was sold.

Well, as predicted, I sold my Ski Nautique. I now can concentrate on fixing up the Donzi. The boat is at the mechanic now to check over the engine. Hopefully I won't have to put too much money in to get it back to top working order so I can spend more funds on the cosmetics.

Davis

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

in saw your boats on craigs, but we had this 16 lined up which was a better fit for our canal

nice you got to keep the donzi!

Thread Information