Thread: prop Question

prop Question

Before you put your props back on from taking them off for the winter do you put gear lube on or nothing.And what kind of lube if you do.Also how do you set the props on a blackhawk drive is it 12:00 for the back and 4:00 for the front i cant remember.

Craig merc has prop shat grease for the prop shafts. As for timing the bh props a good start is the front prop put a blade at 12. The rear prop put a blade at 6. The front prop feeds the rear prop with water, so moving the rear prop a spline or two in either direction may net some better performance. I hope the props you are putting on are 31's. Testing will only tell. After you try the 31's post some reaults, gps mph and rpm! Are you running in the Muskokas at the end of July?

Yes the props will be the 31" and when you say the front prop is that the first one with the bigger shaft then the smaller one just making sure.thanks

And im up for the run in Muskokas but i think Wazzi and Chachi say that they cant make it but it doesn't have to be the same date as last year we can work around any time.just need to now ahead of time that works for everbody.

Large shaft is the front!

Thread Information