Thread: Upholstery

Upholstery

Looking for input on recovering with real pleated material or am thinking of using the fake pleated stuff. I had the fake stuff in my 81 ski boat and it went thru a lot finally giving out after 25 years. My guess is cost to recover with fake stuff is a third of real pleated.
    Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Well,
    I would say it depends on how long you think you'll keep this boat.

If a sale in the next 2 to 3 seasons is a possibility I would make her as stock as they come as you will not have to live with it long and you will not hurt the marketability of the boat

If selling in the next few seasons is unlikely, you can decide how much you like the stock look and if you can live with it. If you still feel like personalizing, I would get 2 or 3 upholsterers to give ideas and prices.

Then if you like the custom look you'll probably enjoy your boat more and maybe keep it even longer. Of course if you try to save some cash with fake pleated seats and don't like it...you'll sell her sooner and for less money.

Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}if it is a classic 16 18 or22 dont put the fake stuff. check out my post on custom interior[/QUOTE]

----Ralph,,,Its not a fake Donzi is it??? Can you guess the direction Id go???.......Bill S

You can't (or rather, the upholsterer can't) really do the front seats w/the pre pleated stuff. It just won't really work.
    It'll be obvious to the least casual observer.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thanks

Thanks guys. Real stuff it is!!!!!!!! You can't take it with you. Heck with the kids. LOL

Good call Ralph. You would hate to spend the money on "fake," and then be so unhappy with it that you then turned around and spent all the money to get it done correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]
    Thanks guys. Real stuff it is!!!!!!!! You can't take it with you. Heck with the kids. LOL

Good choice.
    Sean Conroy,
    1964 Formula Jr. (hull #2) project

1972 Greavette Sunflash III
    1981 Kavalk Mistral project

"A man can accomplish anything... as long as he doesn't care who gets the credit."

Thread Information