Thread: steering wheel suggestions please

steering wheel suggestions please

Hey guys ,
    I updated my dash and gauges and i am not feeling the steering wheel i have in there ... any ideas ? also anybody know where to order a chrome cover for the helm base
    Image 7.jpgImage 5.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 3.jpg

A period-correct Momo (black leather wrap) would probably look best.

You might try the link below. I bought a White Momo Corse three spoke 13.5" 6 hole (satin finish spokes) for my 2002 18' and it looks great. This larger diameter wheel is also easier to grip with the rubbery coating rather than the 12" OEM leather wheel. Since the original Donzi wheel was a five hole I changed out the adapter. I put a 3 hole adapter hub and a 2" shiny aluminum 6 hole adapter hub and the 6 hole wheel went on easily. I also got a shiny aluminum center button that fit between the wheel and the hub looks great. It just seems to fit the year of the boat very well.

You will also see a Covico wheel that is period correct for older Donzis. I had bought a mid seventies X-18 and the steering wheel was in bad shape. Upon the urging of another Donzi guy (JimG) I ordered the white Covico Stainless Spoke wheel in a 13". They are exactly the same except the holes in the spoke are a bit sharper around the edges than the original from the seventies. Other than that they are exact.

IMO I think you will be able to find what you want at the link below and either of the steering wheels I mention above would look great on your boat.

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=steeringwhe els
    Regards,
    Adam B. Lively
    Previous owner of a 2002 Donzi Classic 18' Scorpion
    Current owner of a restored 1974 Donzi X-18
    Future owner of a bad-ass Donzi (planning stage)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. "

You can actually paint the wheel you have. You should be able to take it to a body shop and have them spray it to match the gauges.

for sale on this site (not mine) and a nice wheel!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...Steering-Wheel
    DUNESMAN

Thread Information