Thread: WANTED- 1988 Donzi Z33 Windshield

WANTED- 1988 Donzi Z33 Windshield

Hi, i have a red 1988 Z33 that is in need of a windshield. It cracked and i have the frame but thats about it.
    It was originally three pieces. two on each side, ( easy to fabricate) and the center piece.

if anyone can suggest someone who can make me one, or where i can find a replacement - it would be greatly appreciated.

i can be reached at 803-414-4111.
    Stephen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some part of Taylor Made (http://www.taylormarine.com/windshields/index.html) has made a lot of OEM windshields for lots of brands of boats. So, I'd start there to try to get lucky with something they may have already made and might be able to make again.

That said, I think some people here have tried that route and failed with other Donzi windshields. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

A couple other places I once found on the web are here:

I have zero experience with either of these, but it looks like they do the sort of thing you are looking for. Looks spendy though..

My best luck happens when I search Google for something like "custom curved boat glass windshields."

Good luck, interested to hear what you find,

Mike

"I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Thanks for the tips.

i sent mails to the links you provided. I imagine you are correct - if its glass - its going to be expensive.
    i did get one reply for a acrylic one. see below. thing is - I'm now missing half of the windshield as it cracked and blew out the back of my truck hauling it home.. doh!

hi Stephen. this is jay @ wemfg the w/s guys. re - your pic that will be about $ 800.00 plus shipping. and need the old one

Wayne Earl MFG
    520 S Jefferson St.
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Office (714) 577-0632
    Fax (714) 577-0635

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Hi, i have a red 1988 Z33 that is in need of a windshield. It cracked and i have the frame but thats about it.
    It was originally three pieces. two on each side, ( easy to fabricate) and the center piece.

if anyone can suggest someone who can make me one, or where i can find a replacement - it would be greatly appreciated.

i can be reached at 803-414-4111.
    Stephen.
    I used white polycarbonite, I looks just like a white windscreen when done. Cost is about $300 for a 4 by 8 sheet of 1/8". It's a bitch to work with but very durable and won't crack.

Quote Originally Posted by jceiv View Post
    I used white polycarbonite, I looks just like a white windscreen when done. Cost is about $300 for a 4 by 8 sheet of 1/8". It's a bitch to work with but very durable and won't crack.
    It's been a while since I've been on this site, I just renewed my script and am trying to get up to speed with this site. I had a ton of pictures of my 87 z33 on here but have not been able to locate them as of yet. Are there still pictures of members boats on here?

Thread Information