Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ilmor v10 22 Classic

Ilmor v10 22 Classic

I don't think I need to say anything. Just take a look......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi...item3373c24e9e

sick

This is UNREAL!!!!

Someone needs to catch up on the threads.....
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

“Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

I searched before I posted, didnt see anything

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

NP. It IS a beauty isn't it? I wish I could trade up but there is no way.

Long standing members boat, more than well recognized, being sold for quite a bit under its true value! one day it will make it to Barret's!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Looks like a awesome boat but I would have a hard time spending that much money on a 22 footer.. There are much bigger boats with twins that can be had for the same amount. Hope its not priced out of the market.

"Looks like a awesome boat but I would have a hard time spending that much money on a 22 footer.. There are much bigger boats with twins that can be had for the same amount. Hope its not priced out of the market."

It's priced way under what it is worth and it's a lot more affordable to run than a big twin. Financing is a problem these days though. My bank doesn't do boats at all anymore.

The single engine entry level boat...

this is not. I have had the twin engine, offshore boats. An HP Donzi Classic will run circles around any of them in terms of the challenge to drive and the fun-o-meter. It will out accelerate, a twin, too. Mine? Not quite at this level, but I wouldn't take two offshores in trade for it, as I have that much fun with it. It's a different paridigm for sure, but great any way, for those who try it, and want to challenge themselves. Anybody can go run an offshore, no comparison...

Per Trip...+1

A Donzi Classic is a true driver's boat. As I heard at the boat dock once (from a mother to her small child), "Son, that boat is for nothing but fun."

I look forward to this 22 finding the right home.
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Hmmmm. I have to think it isn't priced out of the market. The market for a 100+ mph 22 footer is VERY small. So, I don't think it matters that the price is over 80k. An informed person who wants anywhere near that performance is expecting to spend a lot either to build or buy it. And I don't think you could build this boat for the price--for what it is, it is a bargain. Built from the keel up for this purpose, with a completely custom lay-up.

That said, it is a very small market. And like anything in a small market, it could sell tomorrow or it could be a while. But I don't think it's priced out, it's just in a very exclusive slice of the boating world.

Plus, as was mentioned, I think the cost of operating and maintaining twins these days will actually increase the set of potential buyers. The overall cost of ownership is very good compared even to a twin boat that's 30 mph slower. And the more you use it, the cheaper it is relative to that competition. ("Can't afford to buy it?! You can't afford NOT to buy it." )
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

as recently as a year ago, Donzi was pricing new 18's with puddle jumper engines for this money...
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

I would be in contact with the big auction houses. That would be a perfect crowd for something so unique and a pretty cool addition to any heavy iron auction.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

The automotive market hit the fan in 2008, and I am still catching up from it. Then there is this little cruiser thingy that I bought two seasons ago that ate up a bit of cash, but it was what we wanted and a great deal, so no regrets there. We all have our crosses to bear, but I am simply not sitting on this kind of discrentionary, disposable dough at this moment, or you would see the SE up for sale, like yesterday, and my butt on the way to Florida.

But for someone who really has the dough, take pause, and ask the next question... Do I have the means? And by "means", I mean the ability and experience to actually drive this boat safely? Ghost states that the market for a small, super high performance boat is very narrow. If you take this string of thought into account, his statment is more meaningful than you might think.

I just hope to see someone with the dough and the means show up at a rally with it. There are others in the community that can run with it, and it would be a thrill to see it in the pack, with someone behind the wheel that can actually drive it. From my view, the dough is beyond secondary in this equation.

Thread Information