Thread: hoping these exhaust risers fit under the hatch...

hoping these exhaust risers fit under the hatch...

So I am planning on using these 496 manifolds and risers on the new 502 that is going into my '93 classic 22. The rough measurements show that they sit about 2" higher than the factor OMC risers at the peak.

What do y'all think? Will they fit under the hatch?

IMAG0091.jpgIMAG0093.jpg

Thanks again.
    Jay

Thats going to Be very tight , I had to have Custom Lowered headers made for my 22c

...yeah, I'm thinking they will be too tall. I will probably dry fit the engine in the boat here pretty soon and check.

very tall

Did your 22 have the raised hatch like mine?
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

No. Just a normal hatch.

They look tall to me. I think I'll either mount the old exhaust/risers on one bank and compare or dry fit the engine before proceeding too far with this.

JZ

does the raised hatch look different from the regular hatch? what year did they have the raised hatches?
    FISH HARD

well, I did some measuring. It is so close that the only way to tell will be to install the engine and simply see if the hatch closes.

You know those risers are stainless , you could wet sand them and buff them out and they look pretty trick

Blake,

I've been plannng on taking them to Harrisons electropolishing and having them do their magic. ...just need to make sure they fit. ...guess I could do the shelby hatch but then I think I'd have to add about 100 more h.p. or so.

The rest of the engine is going to get treated to some teal paint to match the stripe of the boat. I think it will give it a pretty cool Hot Rod look.

Those risers look taller than my CMI risers on my Blackhawk. And the bottom of my hatch was notched out to the curvature of the risers to close the hatch. The clearance was so close it still produced heat to the hatch and put heat spots on the hatch. I just did not like the setup at all.

Good Luck.

Steve

Thread Information