Thread: 25zx fuel capacity

25zx fuel capacity

I read somewhere that the 25 has a 83 gallon tank, is this correct...I was thinking closer to 50....

Question 25zx fuel capacity

I read 58 on a 1996 model

Where did you find that?

You should be able to access the fuel sender on the top of the tank, most likely through a removable deck plate. The tank should have a tag or plate next to the sender with the make, model, and capacity info. See if you can find it.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Fuel

I was looking at a 25ZX before I found my 28, and I remember it had a 58 Gal tank, if you google Donzi 25ZX look at the ads (boats for sale) most of them have the capacity listed.

58 gallons is correct
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

The large capacity fuel tank may have been an option? But I have had my boat completely emply and topped off all the way and it took just shy of 59 gallons
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

So this topic came back in my head today...have the boat at the house for some cleaning. Time to get to the bottom of all this. Took out the deck plate and could not get my head in the right angle to see the part of the tag I needed to see. Time to take some pics then...literally took me 80 shots to get the flash/angle right to get the money shot. So here it is. I will say that I have never put more than about 40 gal in my boat. And when I did that the gauge was showing nearly zero prior to fill up. Is there any way that the thu hull vent is letting fuel out before the tank is full? Or is my fuel gauge just REALLY off?

photobucket-22667-1340735220690.jpg

That is an RDS Manufacturing tank, 82 gallon. Wow, big tank.

As far as the vent is concerned, the answer is no. The vent is above the top of the tank. If fuel came out of it, your tank would be full and you would know it.

As far as your gauge is concerned, you have a couple of options. You can get a hold of a multimeter and start testing. You can test the gauge, the wiring, and the sender. My guess would be the gauge and wiring is good and sender may be worn and tired. It is a float sender and is was never a good indicator of actual fuel in your tank to begin with. It was accurate when full and when empty, in between was another story.

Where do you want to go from here?

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

I'm heading to Ocean City Md for a week with the boat today. I'm not going to do anything now, don't want to awaken any pesky little gremlins right before vacation.

When I get back I guess I will take it to the lake with a 5 gal can of gas and run her til she dies, while watching the gauge and tracking mileage. I might just leave it as it is. If I hit zero and it still has fuel for another 50 miles, then that might be a nice little mental reserve tank....

Tibart...I assume you are familiar with this manufacturer...do you know what the build material is of this tank?
    Last edited by tnc110; 06-28-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: material

It is Aluminum. 1/8" thick.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thread Information