Thread: Z29

Z29

Just picked up a Z29,no power,had twin big blocks with bravo's, what is the best way to get the build info on the boat, The Hull I.D. is DMR290851687.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. this is going to replace my boat for next year. Will be working on it and getting some power plants together for it. Any ideas what kind of power these hulls can handle even though I know the bravos can only withstand so much. My thoughts are a couple of supercharged bigblocks.

I know Trueser's son Matt has a Z29 with 350 smalls and alpha drives, think he was running around low 60's. I believe the transom was rotten and had to be redone (common problem in that hull). Have it inspected before ya go puttin in some brute force while the bilge is empty. what color is this baby? where do ya boat at?

tom
    2002 28ZX

Z29

Boat is yellow and white, Grey Interior, came out of New Jersey, have allways wanted a Donzi, this just happened to be the right deal. Do my boating in Ct. Long Island sound and now with the new boat will be spending alot of time cruising around. Will Donzi Marine have the info from the hull I.D. what bigblocks and drives were in the boat?

Cool boat, congrats on the purchase. Hopefully someone here will know how to point you to the build records.

If you're going to put blowers on a pair of BBCs, I'd second the thought about lots of structural inspection. And maybe think about having cradles fabricated.

Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

I could have sworn that I had seen a post somewhere that could direct you to hull ID # breakdown. DonziJosh here on the board may be able to help you, send him a private message or go to donzidirect.com and leave him a message. With Donzi production being ceased (the last I heard), there may not be much for support from the factory right now. good luck,

tom
    2002 28ZX

Thread Information