Thread: looking at a python 24 1994 any warnings

looking at a python 24 1994 any warnings

any advice what i should check wondering how hard to see stringers like boat just dont want to purchase a headache

Flying Tomato

Reach out to screen name Flying Tomato. He has one of these I think.

I saw an 18 and the 24 at some boat show in my distant past.

Not saying there isn't anything to worry about , and this may not go down too well with some ,but IMO their 18 clone was a much more robustly built boat than our C18 .

If you go ahead with it , it would be nice to see some pics to refresh my memory too ..
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Lee, if you do a search for "python" at least 4 of Flying Tomato's threads come up in the first page of hits. I didn't go through them, but I seem to recall he discussed the good and bad he found after he bought it. Might be some help there. -Mike

EDIT: I dug up some discussion with Flying Tomato and, short version, he was very pleased with the build quality of the Python.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Python 24 ft

I have a 1995 Python 24 ft. It originally had a carbed 454 Mag/B1. Boat would run about 63 with this set up. As far as build quality. I am very pleased with mine. I guess it has a lot to do with how the previous owner took care of it. The boat rides very well in the rough stuff, up to about 3.5 footers. I have since replaced the engine with more power and run the boat pretty hard and the hull is solid and fast. I did the math and I am running about 7% prop slip and that is very good for a v bottom boat. My goal was to have a boat that would run 80 mph when I bought the Python. I have surpassed my goal and am very happy with the boat. FYI - I have a 540 cid motor in it.

If you get it, keep us up to date on your experience. That's how the site works.

Flying Tomato
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ya dont mind outboard, my 24 Pantera is for sale, basically the same hull, but still made today. Here is a vid of it running Biscayne bay.

I would get the hull checked by a surveyor for moisture and soundness. I have heard of a few with structural problems.
    Many are running around with no problems. I would think it would be worth the expense to know.

Thread Information