Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AOTH XII Thread-May 17-19, 2012

OFFICIAL AOTH XII Thread-May 17-19, 2012

We are all set to start taking pre-registration forms for 2012 Awakening Of The Horses!!! These need to be in before May 1st!

Go to www.mwdonziclub.com (still working on some updates and typo's)and click on the link for the printable PDF pre-registration form. Print, fill out, and mail to the address on the form!

Hopefully all the skunkworks are in full motion and we will have the best AOTH yet!!!

We look forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces as well!

Team AOTH!!

Arriving Thursday morning.
    22 Classic
    Byron
    Jill
    maybe son Parker

X-18 Jet
    Larry
    www.mwdonziclub.com

A few more details from the MWDC...

The theme boat this year will be another hull that celebrates a rich Aronow legacy, the 20 Cigarette. We are looking forward to having several of these folks in attendance this year and they are honored and excited to have their boat featured at AOTH XII!

Sponsoring this year’s run will be the Donzi Marine Restoration Society and Precision Propellers. These folks contribute to the rally, so we may keep the entry fee low at $75 per person, which includes three dinners, an event t-shirt designed by Tamburello, tow boat service, and a chance to win a People’s Choice Award as voted on by your peers.

As most know that have attended AOTH in the past, this is a small performance boat rally celebrating the Aronow heritage. We run our boats up to about 100 miles per day. There are no noise police and no speed limits. There are safety requirements, including everyone must wear a life vest and the captain must use a cut-off tether. In addition, proof of insurance must be presented and all passengers must sign a release. All of this is to protect everyone that participates in this high performance run.

Please see the club web site at www.mwdonziclub.com for more details on the gathering. We suggest that you make your room reservations early, as they do tend to run out of rooms and we basically take the resort over! 1-800-830-5131.

Attached here and on the club website, you will find the registration for your party. It also includes the insurance and sign-off details. We ask that you get this in by May 1st to the Midwest Donzi Club, 2926 Augustine, Milford, MI 48381. After May 1st, the registration fee will be $125 per person, as we must notify the resort on counts for food and staffing purposes, and get event t-shirts on order.

Finally, the club counts on a memorabilia auction on Saturday night to make up the shortfall on funding and to build seed money for next year. Please plan on bringing something that might bring a little value, or a lot, to the rally. The auction is always a ton of fun and a great way to cap the weekend. This year, in an effort to shorten the length of the live auction, the DMRS has agreed to set-up a silent auction, so please plan on bringing down your items on Thursday night or when you arrive, so we may get things organized.

Finally, this run is about the people. There are a lot of folks that come every year and would not miss it. There are always a lot of new folks, too. I can’t think of a better way to get out from behind a keyboard, show off your boat, and meet the folks behind all of those handles out there on the web!

Get ready for a great weekend, and we will see you guys in the Spring!

Please feel free to post on this thread on your intentions to attend, so we know you are coming!
    Attached Files Attached Files

After being absent from last year's event for a VERY unfortunate reason. Team Jefe and The Red Bikini Crew are planning a dominate performance at this year's event.

Basically, I am shooting to regain our spot at the Top of the People's Choice Custom Ladder and have a really great time. Fair Warning HOTSHOT... Jefe is coming!!!!!

Additionally, the Fraternal Association Of The Hawk will have several of our members in attendance. Supporting AOTH as we have always done. So Anyone who has a BH or is a Fan of the HAWK, please let me know as we will be having a membership drive. FAOTH.... Long Live the HAWK!!!!
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

I'm going to work on making it this year. The Jamestown Marina seems to be pretty large. I know some big boats have been there in the past but would there be any concerns at this marina with a 33'? I assume the ramp is large and the docks could accomidate a boat of this size? What's the water level supposed to be like this year?
    RickS-E

on this lake, a 33' is a dinghy... the houseboats average 80'
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

RickSE???

Rick, we keep our 370 Formula SS on a lift at Jamestown Marina. We have also launched and de-launched this boat at the ramp there, as well as witnessed several larger boats, including houseboats(as Buiz said), being put in and out. You won't have a problem with the 33 at all at JRM. You do need to mention the size of your boat when you call to reserve your slip, so they give you a bigger berth. Too early to tell on the lake levels. Hope to see you there.

Thanks guys. Working on my dad now to pull his 33' over from Knoxville. The boat rarely goes out so he gets nervous with the thought of taking it to a new lake.
    RickS-E

Looking forward to it. Coming down from Cincinnati.
    2008 Donzi 22 Classic 496 Mag HO
    Norris Lake, Lake Cumberland, Ohio River

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Rick SE - Saw your Dad last weekend at the Knoxville boat show. He had his immaculate Century Black Raven on display. What is it? A '66 maybe? Better than showroom new condition
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

When I bought this boat, I was told that the AOTH was a must attend event, We will be there with the HAWK!
    2010 skerry 15 foot double-ender (hand built)
    2006 Larson 20 bow rider (Floating Cupholder)
    1995 Donzi 22 Black Hawk L.E. (Cupholder Delete)

For RickSe's dad...

Rick, show this one to him. 33ZX sitting at the ramp a few AOTH's back. Nice guy, came a few times, but I think he sold the boat due to a lack of time to use it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

The El Jefe Eastern Kentucky Rustic Reort is booked and ready. Affectionately known to the staff at the "Stabbin' Cabin"
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

RedDog, glad you got to see him again. The Raven is an incredible boat, almost better then his Donzi. I'm pretty sure it is a '66. He's been thinking about selling it to cut down his heard.

Thanks for the pic Roadtrip.

I can get from Phoenix to Knoxville for $320 roundtrip which is pretty good so I'm gonna keep working on my dad to commit.
    RickS-E

Rick, if I can swing it, can I hitch a ride? I would love to make this event........if for no other reason than to show RT I can actually stay in a boat. (That comment might only make sense to RT. He witnessed a very unfortunate incident on his trip to )

Seriously though, I would like to hit this event. I just won't know until April whether I can make it or not.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

C'mon out Glenn, I have a yellow Lifeline with YOUR name on it...

Thread Information