Thread: Going to a larger trim tab. Need advice

Going to a larger trim tab. Need advice

My 25 ZX still has the tabs that came standard on the boat. They are a dual ram 12"x9". I could be mistaken, but I believe they are a Trimmaster tab, or at least the pump is. Anyways, I have the opportunity to upgrade to a nice set of used 12"x16" Bennett Sport Tabs for cheap. Tabs work and look great and would include everything in the kit. My question is, would there be any benifit going to a larger tab on a 25 ZX in a mostly stock application? I am considering a ProCharger in the future, but not 100% sure I am going to go that route with this boat. Ideally, I would like to use the same pump that is currently on the boat and only switch out the tab planes; or if I needed to I could switch out the rams as well. I just don't want to be drilling more holes on the transom if I can help it.
    Bottom line, would this mod be worth doing, or is the money better spent in other places?
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

I doubt that the Bennett ST-16 rams will mount in the same location as what you presently have so you would probably have to fill the holes. I think it would be a good upgrade, but it depends on how much work you want to put into changing them out. My two cents. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Thread Information