Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Chattanooga Gorge Run!

The Chattanooga Gorge Run!

This run will be held June 14-17th as well. I know that it is the same weekend as the Dust Off but it will provide those from the Central and SE areas of the country with a nice little weekend trip. It is not really a competing run but a nice alternative.

That being said, all are invited. Last year we had people from the Northeast, South Fl, MidWest, Upper MidWest, South Central and West. This is kind of a laid back grass roots event. Everyone pitches in and the food is AWESOME. The only rule is.....there are no rules.

Think wide open running in a spectacular gorge. Hitting some fun restaurants in downtown Chattanooga and then taking another great ride. A nice lunch run down to Alabama complete with a lockthrough. Nice warm water. A great raft up. All the runs are long with 37 miles being the shortest leg (We arrange for race gas). Really good food. A band or DJ at A-Dock. Bushwhackers and Beer!

All boats are welcome. We have those that race at speeds of 80 to 90 all the way to town and those that cruise along at 40. Last year we had an air out session on Sunday. I will get some pics of that. Great photo op!

Book it now! We currently have lots of openings in the cabins. You can rent a floating cabin and park your boat out front or back. We have covered slips for overnight. Regular Cabins as well. Halesbarmarina.com is the location. Drop me a pm with any questions.

Basically it is Everyone leaves smiling and can't wait to come back
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

i'm in..

there may very well be a Centerhill Lake warmup right before this event...
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

I'm in and I'm bringing three donzi's minimum

Great time

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Sounds like a great time, I've been wanting to run on that lake every time I cross the bridge on 24. At least one B.H. will attend!
    2010 skerry 15 foot double-ender (hand built)
    2006 Larson 20 bow rider (Floating Cupholder)
    1995 Donzi 22 Black Hawk L.E. (Cupholder Delete)

www.halesbarmarina.com

I just booked 2 RV spots for me and fuzzy, they have more openings..

we are bringing at least 2 boats, 2 Harley's, and 2 RV's

the Thurs. lunch run is about 110 miles roundtrip, with a 52 ft lock drop

the proposed Friday all day run will be about 150 miles and a lock drop...

the Sat. lunch run is about 72 miles..

the Sun. raft-up/run is at leisure, but 90-100 mph fly by's are encouraged
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]
    I hate to even ask but is this a place we can come to even if our boat isnt ready yet? Or maybe that would be torture!
    The floating cabins look sweet!
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Halesbar haunted (sp)?

I was watching one of those Ghost Adventure shows and they did a story at that marina. Said something about Indians haunting the place. I just kept wanting some shots of the water to see where you guy's play.
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

I'm in and hopefully my 22 will be done ...

Hales Bar IS haunted....

by a group of people called A-Dockers...

People who don't take themselves too seriously, people who like to laugh, eat, and party, and people who welcome the Donzi crew with open arms and a small bit of abuse just to let you know that you are now part of the hometown crowd and deserving of it! It is a scary bunch. The boating is awesome, the atmosphere is beyond relaxed, and attitudes are left elsewhere or run back to the highway. Pretty much sums it up. And, oh BTW, the sandbagging runs at a higher level of execution and professionalism than I have ever seen at any other Donzi event, almost an art form at this point.

We'll be there and of course, everyone is welcome, boat or no boat...

I watched a minute...

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

or so. And I thought, is this a comedy? The only time I ever saw something strange at Hales was after I might have had one too many custom martinis with the Hedgehog after an awesome day on the water. Weird.

Im just showing you what I saw on my TV

Like I said Hales Bar got some boob tube time! Bravo... If you watch further the floating cabins are in there. Pretty cool. Maybe you can do a ghost hunt poker run.
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

I am in as usual.

Parnell, you can only drive one Donzi at a time. I will drive one for ya if I don't have my own by then.....
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

DW You are an amazingly giving and thoughtful man but the three Donzi's wont be mine since I dont have three Donzis nor three trucks to pull them. (Phil L I am not with my double decker trailers)

I meant I am dragging other Michiganders down with me and they would be bringing their Donzi's
    You could purchase one of my Donzis and I could then have it delivered for you then I could run with you

Just sayn

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Twist my arm...

I'm in along with the 40 mph boat . Can I go ahead and reserve my usual bunking spot?

As for the joint being haunted, I'm pretty sure that sketchy Indian ghosts would be less paranormal than some of the stuff that I've seen happen at Hales Bar.

It's a good time...looking forward to it.
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information