Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Magnum Missile Restoration

Magnum Missile Restoration

I have started work on the restoration of the missile this week and am looking for pictures of it.Mainly how it looked in 1974 ,when it left the factory.This would help me alot .Thanks

ps Lee if you read this im still working on the Sutphen too!

Did you buy the Missile that Lee & I looked at that was in Royal Oak Mi ?? Here is a pic of a one in lift off position.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes I told Lee I had it when I picked up the Sutphen Gran Sport. I got it ripped apart for a full resto too. Hope to be done with both by spring. And were looking for more if there out there?16-Missile-Brochure-p4.jpg

missile resto

laid up new dyna mat on rear deck and front deck glassmissile rear floor.jpgmissile front deck.jpg

more wook today

finished putting on new front deck used my sons weights to hold it down worked greatmissile front deck reglass.jpg

Hi Jerry, Yep that is the one that Mark and I went and looked at a couple years ago. Do you plan on reinstalling the wood deck insert? or just glassing it over?
    I had a 1969 Missile that I sold to a Donzi.net member here about 10yrs ago, they are cool boats for sure. I also have a couple of projects in the works, the one that you saw the day we met up for the rest of the Sutphen parts and also I picked up a 26' Corsa about 2 months ago. Post a couple of pictures on the progress on the Sutphen when you get a chance.

Hey Lee yeah im the old boat work alolic going to finish the missile asap. Im puting a walnut inlay on the front deck and rear inserts. It will be sweet when done.As for the Sutphen Gran Sport its completly ripped apart and the interior is being redone now , will post when I finish the misslile in a few weeks.Im working all winter to get em done.

missile transom in.jpg Took me a little longer but new core is on transom now.Next to put in new bulkheads and knees,and deck back on.

got the new knees in and epoxy coating onmissile transon knees in.jpgmissile knees in 2.jpg

Man they are fun boats had two off them back in late 70s early 80s with 140 merc when they get air and start to lift nothing like it
    mario

Wow two months of work and finally ,got the top of the transom back on.missile transom top on right.jpgmissile transom top on left.jpg

Nice work. Keep it going.
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

got top of transom sanded down and can now see that hull color is white lots and lots of west systemmissile transom 1.jpgmissile transom2.jpgmissile transom 3.jpg

Thread Information