Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 1989 Team Warlock 28' World Class Offshore

Sweet! Here's wishing it a nice, uneventful trip to your place.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Here's hoping for a smooth transport of the 28 Bill
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

I used U-Ship to bring my 18C from Seattle to (near) Toronto and had a great customer experience. I couldn't believe the low price and great service with the provider I selected.
    Highly reccomended.
    Good luck with the transport.
    S.

One more Team Warlock 28 for the data file .............interesting on the 90 gallon tank.

1990 Warlock 28' - $25000 (lake havasu)

Date: 2011-11-27, 1:48PM MST
    Reply to:
    sale-kde6e-2723265254@craigslist.org

28 foot 1990 warlock
    -454 built to 502's
    -IMCO exhaust
    -Bravo 1 outdrives
    -New amps, subs and speakers
    -CD changer
    -new 90 gallon fuel tank
    -New gauges
    -new trim indicators
    -Chrome valve covers
    -New starters
    -new impellers
    -Hydraulic power steering
    -New throttle cables
    -New trim tabs and steering wheel

Asking $25,000 or best offer, also considering trades for property email for pictures and more info, includes trailer

I really like the blue/black gel coat colors .........
    Attached Images Attached Images

I watched a show on A&E last night called "Shipping Wars". One of the participants mentioned they were working with
    U-Ship. Interesting to say the least.

I really like the blue/black gel coat colors .........

---------------------------------

Greg,
    The darkest gelcoat color is a really dark blue. My Warlock made it here at about midnight last night in perfect condition except for some road film from a little rain it had to go through. I spent until 2AM cleaning it up a little, installing a fan to dry it out (not that wet), and studying it. I would say the gelcoat is a 9+ with looking like a 2 year old boat! The interior is near mint. There is a stainless rail behind the windshield that even has two 18" flip up wind deflectors. There are two 27 series batteries with a Perko switch. The engine compartment is cherry! The trailer looks almost new with great looking mags and nearly new tires. The driver said the surge brakes worked perfect, too. The previous owner even left all the stuff like ropes, life jackets, 3 large blue bumpers, first aid kit, etc. I could not be more pleased. Thank you again for pointing it out, Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

I watched a show on A&E last night called "Shipping Wars". One of the participants mentioned they were working with
    U-Ship. Interesting to say the least.

---------------------------------------------

I also watched that show last night. They were bidding against each other for the jobs to the point of not even breaking even sometimes - crazy! Great for the customers, but horrible for the shippers. I was shocked last night to find out the $139.30 I had to pay upfront to Uship did not go to the shippers at all. I gave them a $60 tip for their great work, so they only got $850 for driving the boat 840 miles! Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

I happened to catch the 'shipping wars' show last night as well. My thoughts:

I wouldn't want any of those jerks touching my shipment! They didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing!

I can only hope the producers were telling them to 'play up' the emotional BS for "better" TV.

Let's see, a professional trucker with a Ford dually towing a Catalina 27 and an unnamed 30-ish foot down-east powerboat on a single over-stressed trailer coast to coast. (I think at one point he said they were about 35,000 lbs...seems a bit much for an F350/450 to me) First he bangs the boats into each other when loading them (not hard, but certainly enough to leave a scuff), then he damages his truck when the overloaded trailer flexes allowing one of the stanchions to hit the truck bed, so he hack-saws the thing off in a huff. Then he gets busted by the DOT for having a cracked wheel on the truck ($2K fine), then he's so PO'ed at the fine that despite being nearly out of fuel he goes straight to a hotel where he runs out of diesel. Then the next morning he finds a construction site with nobody around so he starts to help himself to a few gallons from their tank when a worker turns up, so he then sucks several mouthfuls of diesel out of that guy's tank in an attempt to get a siphon going only to fail. He's then saved by a fuel truck turning up at the construction site who fills his jerry can for him. Then he nearly gets sick from all the diesel he's drunk while walking back to his own rig where he proceeds to somehow loose the jerry can spout down the filler of his truck, giving him a good excuse to shout as his wife some more while she fixes the problem for him which in turn allows him to throw the spout she just extracted across the parking lot in a lovely display of emotional control. He then completes his deliveries several days late, telling one of the owners that the scuff from banging the two boats together while loading will 'probably just buff out', nearly falling off a ladder while inspecting the Catalina during off-load, then trying to up-charge the owner of the just-delivered Catalina by claiming it actually weighs in over 11,000 pounds and that should cost the guy an extra $2K.

Yup. Exactly the sort of professional trucker I always look for!

BTW, I know there are a few sailors on this board. How many of you have ever seen a Catalina 27 that weighed 11,000 lbs? I think the only way to get that much weight in that hull is to fill the salon with concrete! The boat weighs in about 7500 lbs dry; maybe, MAYBE 9000 lbs wet WITH a trailer.

So, the moral of this story is: just be careful who you get on U-ship. I've used them with decent results, but there are some winners out there!

Oh, and no, I didn't set the DVR to record any more episodes.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Bill, I am glad this turned out well, you just never know.

Good luck with the new arrival and keep us posted.

Ken

It sounds like the Team Warlock 28 is everything the broker said it was to me and then some. NICE when the purchase exceeds expectations. I think the single BBC is the best way to go and I assume that it is a sitdown boat?

Thanks, guys. I did a full exterior cleaning this afternoon and removed the KY stickers, etc. It is an extremely clean boat and trailer! What I thought was a midnight blue in the darkness last night is actually black like you said, Greg. It has two fuel fills so you can fill it from either side - they run together. It has the fancy Bennett trim indicators which I have never seen before now and quite a few other goodies that I was not expecting like a depth gauge/alarm and a really nice stereo system. It has halon in the engine compartment and two extinguishers in the cockpit. The valve covers run to a custom SS puke tank and I was surprised to see aluminum heads. Overall, I am outrageously pleased with the boat! Greg, I can stand and drive, but it will not be as comfortable as the Martini with more freeboard. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Congratulations!

Sounds like a great boat! Hope you get many years enjoyment. Dave911

Thank Dave,
    I drove my wife out to see it tonight and she was excited about the look and appointments. The 700HP+ engine and IMCO Extreme Advantage drive with the external IMCO hydraulic steering was not any big deal to her, but she did like the colors, interior, stereo and pull out/drop down 3 step SS ladder on the swim platform - lol. Pictures will be coming. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Bill, with this hull design I think you will not miss standup bolsters as much as you think. There is something about a sit down
    long deck hull that runs high and free that makes for a pleasant rough water ride. You will, however, be a little thrown by the lack of freeboard at first in heavy water

Thread Information