Thread: Bravo 1 Drive Shower Reccomendations

Bravo 1 Drive Shower Reccomendations

I'm wanting some suggestions for a drive shower to install. The Bravo drive has the ribbed cap and the first I liked by Rex Marine states it will not work for my drive. Any ideas???

Thanks and Happy New Year.

PS. Resolution for 2012........More seat time.....Less overtime.

Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

What about the Livorsi?
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

none...........
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Latham drive shower

1027081305.jpg

Marvair,

Many Donzi were factory equipped with Latham external hydraulic steering and Latham drive shower. Latham is a big equipment supplier in Florida and you should be able to Google the name and get the manufacturer Donzi used. They had a great customer service department and a cataloge with their latest stuff.

Drive showers came in a couple of generation formats - early units were a sort of chrome tube tied onto the drive by a couple of bolts. They had holes in them so they sort of irrigated the drive like a lawn sprinkler. These might be around used. Some had one tube and some used one on each side of the drive with two water pickups. Later units were a cap for the top of the drive either cast metal or sheet metal. Usually there was an stainless steel armored water line that piped water to the cap that sprayed water over the top of the whole drive.

A great deal of controversy has been spent on this site about if the shower slows down or screws up the performance and handling of the boat by causing drag. Some guys have tested their boat with and without the water scoop and reported performance increases.

Donzi used them as standard equipment on all the really high performance engines in the last few years so I guess this speaks to the necessity of having a drive shower.

Most marine engine builders who do drive repairs absolutely recommend the use of a drive shower.

Some guys have figured how to tap off the water from the engine cooling system. Some have tapped the supply of cool intake water and some the hot exhaust water - they have tapped this water supply to feed to a drive shower and then they don't have the little water pickup dragging on the drive unit and slowing the boat down.
    Dr. d

Thanks Great Info

I searched an old thread that actually had a poll with plenty of dialogue for and against the shower. I have not seen one with the ribbed cap yet so just wondering how it looks elevated or if it works that way. I did however find one from CP that will fit but will search the Latham.

Thanks guys,

Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Thread Information