Thread: Minx brochures, specs, etc.................

Post Minx brochures, specs, etc.................

I would like to know if anyone has any catalogs, brochures, owners manuals, etc. for the 1985-1987 Minx Limited Editions. I have one of these boats and I would like to know how they were equipped when they were new (carpet, seats, lights, gauges etc.). I love my Minx but I am anxious to compare it to a 22 Classic. If any of you have experience in both boats, please let me know your thoughts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Scott Smith

Is it Friday yet?!?!

Stix, I picked up some Donzi lit. from '84 and in it is a sheet on the Minx. There is no photo just a line drawing of the Minx and the specs on the back.
    They are: Length overall 20'1"
    Beam 7'
    Draft to Keel 20"
    Draft (outdrive)33"
    Gross Weight 2700Lbs.
    Fuel capacity 40Gal.
    Standard power 260 Merc.
    I have it scanned in to my computer but am sorry to say not savy enough to knock down the file size to respectfully post it. If you like I can e-mail it all to you, just be prepared for a lengthy download. Greg
    I'm from an era when SBC only meant "small block chevy".

Thumbs up

Greg,

I would love to have a copy of what you've got! That is exactly what I need. Shoot me a copy of that at your convenience to:

stixmagill@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

Scott Smith

Is it Friday yet?!?!

This brochure mentions standard power as 260 Mercruiser. Is that the displacement or the HP?

Thanks for the help guys!

Scott

Is it Friday yet?!?!

Stix, the 260 Mercruiser is a 350ci GM with a claimed 260 HP. Its the same setup I have in my 83 Hornet.

David
    David

I love my job, its the 8 hour wait to go home thats a bitch

I saw what I think was a Limited Edition behind a house in Miami Beach... it was up on davits... so I couldn't really tell the overall length ... but it was a DONZI and said Limited Edition... it had "euro" type white vents (I have stainless) and a white "glassed in windscreen... not smoked plexi like mine... kinda of reminded me of one of those all white Mercedes "Euro" versions... this boat was white w/ drk blue sides.... it's been covered since the first time I saw it... dunno what power it has.

I've got the only factory fuel injected Minx that I know (or the list) of.... the motor is rarer than the boat! The other Miami Minx (Paulo) has the 300 hp 350 Merc... noww under total restoration (boat/motor/drive).

BTW, was a bit bumpy in the Bay today... but still 82 degrees... NO clouds.. ouch... I'm sunburned!
    Dale Evans
    Coral Gables, FL.

Hey Greg,
    I would really appreciate a copy of the info on the Minx as well! I bought the one from MA with the 383 stroker that was posted in here this summer. It is a great boat! It's my first Donzi, but I have been boating for 50 years. I live north of Toronto, and have the Minx on Georgian Bay. We get some huge waves, but it has handled them with ease.

My email is maico-man@hotmail.com

Thanks very much!

Larry

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]I've got the only factory fuel injected Minx that I know (or the list) of.... the motor is rarer than the boat! The other Miami Minx (Paulo) has the 300 hp 350 Merc... noww under total restoration (boat/motor/drive).[/QUOTE]

I think Cuda's was originally fuel injected. his was white hull sides, dark blue bottom, white deck with a blue stripe and was set up as a tender for a yacht.

this is an old thread at that time I think cuda's boat was dalelama's pretty sure he sold it to cuda
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Cuda's old yacht tender is now in Sweden.
    I'm sure it had seen better days.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Does anyone have a brochure for the 22C from say 93-97(preferably 94) that they could e-mail me or possibly post? I have one from 91 but it is HUGE so I can't scan it to reciprocate. 91 does not offer much for Info.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

The Minx owners manual has 2 supplemental pages, the rest of it is a generic book that covers all of the models at the time. the supplemental pages basically cover the specifications and the instrument panels gages

owners manual.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Thread Information