Thread: Good Hornet article

Good Hornet article

Here's a cool article on one of the Registry members' Hornets. Great in water pics showing the lines of the Hornet.

http://woodyboater.com/tag/donzi-classic-boat/

Very cool. Royce's hornet is awesome

I have contacted woodyboater and made the following offer

The flags on the early Donzi represented victories in Competition, why don't we continue that tradition. The Lake George Donzi Classic Club will donate a Donzi flag they will need to have someone come up with a Chris Craft flag. and the Victor of the shoot out gets the spoils and captures the opponents colors.

I'll keep you posted

It is very nice to see that these early glass boats are starting to get the attention they deserve

and Royce the more I see your hornet the more I know blue is now my new color

just a gorgeous boat
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Royce is AOK.

And he is in touch with several other cool, old Donzis on his home lake.

Wow , that is a nice one .. I swear that original gel is so nice it looks like my fresh Aristo Blue Awlgrip.

Coincidentally , my brother had an XK19 with the C/C 350FLV engine (had Corvette stickers on it) and 270 Volvo non trimmable and I can give a direct comparison with the St T with 351 Ford /Merc drive .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

MC
    Can you post a pic or a link of the aristo blue going thru blues now for my stripe

Thanks for all of the comments on the Hornet. Matty, kudos for a great followup article on Woodyboater this morning! It is amazing that the wood and classic boat community are unaware of the Donzi marque and other models from that era. Loved the pictures of Scott running the "Sting". When I took some of the photos of the Hornet, I had my buddy who is a scuba diver, sit in the water on a cushion (wearing a PFD) and shoot the photos with his underwater camera to gain a different angle and effect. We are going to spend some more time on lighting and better angles, time of day etc. when we get soft water next summer. He had a really cool uderwater shot of the boat when it was at the dock, but he had moisture starting to get into his case and it spoiled what was a really cool shot of the outdrive and daylight above the waterline. BTW, We did the shoot on a weekday as to stay out of boat traffic. I am sure that the DNR would not be too happy with that!

Thanks Royce we are trying to get the word out and hopefully it will get the ball rolling. But and this is a big BUT it is not only us, it's everyone who takes pride and care of their older classic glass boat Donzi Chris Craft or whatever is also helping that cause. When you hornet pulls up to a dock it is by far the best PR the cause can have.

Send me off a PM or email with your shipping Address and I'll get the flag out to you for the shootout.

Happy Holidays!
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Try this Matty .. let's see if this works ...

http://www.awlgrip.com/support-and-a...or-cards.aspx#
    Now that I've double checked the link , click on 'Standard' .

Of course , computer generated colours are not like the real thing .. But if you can get your hands on an Awlgrip colour chart ..they ARE real chips and 100% accurate .

To see the similarity to Royce's beauty and my blue see if you can locate the thread where I posted photos of my boat when finished and in the water.

The Aristo blue is 'richer' than the Royal blue , but I see that Awlgrip has added more blues to their lineup since I last looked !

Of course, you have to select the right 'white' to make the blue crackle against it .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thread Information