Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 17th Annual LGDCC Spring Dustoff

17th Annual LGDCC Spring Dustoff

the dates for the Lake George Donzi Classic Club's Spring Dustoff are June 15th thru 17th 2012.

Details to follow along shortly.
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

A little background on the event and the club

http://woodyboater.com/communityweb/...ue-alive-well/

LGDCC Information Please

Looking for a little information on the spring dustoff at Lake George, first of all, is it a good venue for kids and second, can anybody recommend any good places for lodging? Thanks

Hi DRD-

If you have an old Donzi, live in the Northeast and have never been to Lake George - it is a must! The Lake is a 30 mile gash carved by receding glaciers with sparkling, clear water. Most of us stay and launch out of Treasure Cove Resort in Diamond Point. There is a ton for kids to do: historic forts, amusement parks and of course the lake itself.

Here is last year's event notice from the club's website: http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html
    Check out the photo gallery from prior years to get an idea of what it's all about.

Let us know if you have any questions.

-Jay

The event is based out of Treasure Cove Resort. Make your reservations early at: www.treasurecoveresort.com Treasure Cove has there own launch ramp and plenty of dock space.
    Some folks stay next door at Carpi Village. www.caprivillage.com
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Thanks for the info

Sounds Great, I can't wait to get the old beast out this spring, see you in June.

Jay and Kirby have pretty much covered it. The event changes format from year to year but the basis is usually the same.

The event and venue is very kid friendly It's father's day weekend is it not??? if you can't find something to do with the kids your eyes are closed. treasure cove has fishing,row boats,paddleboats,sandy beach,basketball,volleyball,shuffleboard,playgroun d and a coin arcade. Then the village goes from ice cream to minigolf wax museum and fort william henry. so there are plenty of things to do with the kids.

the dustoff which is dedicated to the donzi classic. This event is more formal than our family picnic. The dustoff will have a schedule and has a permit is filed with a charted course and time frame for the regatta plus we have a boat show and awards dinner.A lot to fit in to one day so we need to have some sort of schedule to move things along. The weekend starts usually around wed. for the early arrivals and they use the facilities as they see fit .the formal event starts friday afternoon with a lakeside BBQ so the kids can play within site while the parents relax. Sat. is the tougher day for the kids as it starts early with the show at 8-830am then the regatta run 9am-12noon which covers most of the lake, then lunch at the algonquin . so the kids will need to be able to take 3 hrs on a boat ride. After lunch you are at your leisure to explore the lake on your own then we return to the algonquin at 630 ish for the awards dinner which goes to around 10 pm( no boats at night). Many of our members use the event as a part of their family vacation.

There will be an announcement coming shortly with the schedule and format for the event.

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/galler...60262.JPG.html
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

forgot a few things

reservations the places up there usually open around the first week in march to take calls.

the dates are june 15th to 17th 2012

stay tuned
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

The formal event schedule will be up shortly, if anyone has any questions or needs info drop me an email. this year there will be a few fresh wrinkles put into the event that you are sure not going to want to miss.
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Just "spoke" to John, made reservations for a different venue, but he is taking reservations.

Ken

The Agenda for Our 17th Annual Spring Dustoff
    The Club is happy to announce the agenda for our 17th annual Dustoff weekend June 15th to 17th 2012. This year we will have a judged boat show to honor those that go that extra mile to make their Donzi Classic special.
    The format for the full lake cruise will be a photograph contest. At selected areas on the cruise, your crew will be given a chance to take a few photographs, Prizes will be awarded to the best photograph.

Awards for the show will be given out in the following categories:
    • People’s Choice: presented to the boat selected by the people at the show as their favorite
    • Vintage Classic: presented to the oldest boat at the show
    • Legacy Classic: presented to the boat with the most significant bling.
    • Heritage Classic: presented to the boat in the best original condition.
    • Renaissance Classic: presented to the best boat restoration.
    • Sojourn Classic: presented to the boat that traveled the farthest to attend.
    • The best Motor compartment
    • Resto Mod Classic: presented to the classic with the best resto/modification.

The Club as always showcases the Donzi Classic, the Donzi family and beautiful Lake George. The format for this year’s regatta will be a cruise that covers the entire lake .There will be pace and sweep boats that will make the run an enjoyable and safe run. The routing will be reviewed at the drivers safety meeting.
    Things to remember.
    • A USCG Approved PFD for each of your passengers on the cruise (Mandatory)
    • A LGPC boat permit ( Mandatory)
    • Come to the Algonquin with a full tank of gas
    • Be on time
    • Be prepared to have a great day on the best lake in the country with awesome boats and people

We feel this format offers each owner a chance to see our beautiful lake. It also offers the comfort and safety of traveling in numbers and for those that are new to the lake it takes the worry of getting lost away. We hope this format will make this year’s Dustoff the best Donzi experience one can ever have. For early arrivals we will have a lakeside breakfast Friday morning followed by a trip out on the lake to a raft-up at log bay.

Friday 7 PM Catered BBQ lakeside at the Treasure Cove
    Saturday 8 AM Check In for the annual Lake George Donzi Classic Boat Show and Lake Cruise (Coffee and Danish will be served) Boats must arrive at the docks no later than 8:30am to be entered in the show (Arrive with full gas tanks !!!!!)
    Saturday 9:00 AM Driver Safety Meeting run in cooperation with the LGPC.
    Saturday 9:30 AM Start of the Cruise.
    Saturday 11:45 AM Return to the Algonquin and vote for your owners’ choice, have lunch and the rest of the afternoon free to cruise the Lake.
    Saturday 6:30-7 PM Meet us at the Algonquin for a pre-dinner cocktail. (Please don’t bring boats back to the Algonquin docks that evening)
    Saturday 7-8 PM Dinner will be served
    Saturday 8:15 - ? PM The Awards ceremony, raffle, solving the mystery and club Auction will take place.
    Sunday 10:30AM Full Lake cruise! , (Weather permitting), meeting place on the water to be determined, plus a stop for lunch and you’ll be back on your trailers by 3:30 PM.

As you can see we have a full weekend of events planned. And keeping with The Lake George Donzi Clubs tradition we will be having the awards dinner at the Algonquin Bar and Grill. Please get your tickets for dinner in advance by filling out the registration form and sending out a check to the club’s address.

THE DEALINE FOR REGISTRATION IS JUNE 1st 2012 ,THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

the registration form dates need to be updated but the prices are the same as last year and the discounted early registration deadline is may 21 2012 and the event deadline is june 1 2012
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

this will be the event that finally settles the following

ford vs chevy

volvo vs merc

weenie bar vs windshield

skinny elvis vs fat elvis

going to be a good time, the site is updated

the formalities
    http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html

the registration
    http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/registration12.html

hotels are taking reservations . If you have any questions drop us a line( mnmveth at optonline dot net )

get that winter project done
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

permit in progress . Things coming together nicely registrations coming in.

some add'l info

http://www.acbs.org/calendar/?d=2012-06-01

We apologize as the new website roll-out is taking alot of time but in the end will be well worth it.
    We are still using the original site and if you need info on our event or have questions please drop us a line.

for info on our event visit this link

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html

please print and fill out the registration form and mail it in.

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/registration12.html

A lot of irons in the fires and there is some very exciting news coming to our membership so stay tuned.
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Thanks Matty!

Ford
    Volvo
    Weenie Bar
    Skinny Elvis (w/ Scotty M)

Also to be decided:

LG vs Winnie
    Yankees vs BloSox
    Micro Brew vs Bud Lite w/ artificial lime (you know who you are....)
    Best Stones Album - Exile or Get Yer Ya Yas out!

Thread Information