Thread: Realitively new member

Realitively new member

Hi gang....

Been a member on this board for about 4 years and haven't made any posts until now.

Purchased a 1999 22 classic last december & had this past summer to play with it. Been boating for about 30 years but certainly not with this type of boat. Huge learning curve with this new rig.

My other boat is a 31' Tiara open, and although I like it immensly, it is no where near as fun as this 22.

I have a few issues / questions with this new boat, and hopefylly over the winter you guys can help me sort them out.

Best Of Wishes To All Over The Holidays
    Brian
    1999 22' Donzi Classic
    1991 31' Tiara Open

Brian; Canada, East, West, or Gods country South West Ontario, lots of members

to help out... ...............Ed

Throw away most of what you know about boating. I had nearly 30 years experience too and nearly rolled my boat on it's side twice the first time out. After 7 seasons I can drive it like a pro . What are your questions?
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Brian , welcome back and just curious what problems , issues , or questions do you have ? Brian , i would like to mention that the 31 Tiara ............... is a great boat, considering i worked at S2 YACHTS ....in the past.....for many years ..... doing fiberglass repair , and now you have two great boat's .

The Tiara 31 is a great boat and is probably destined to become what the Bertram 31 once was. My pops had a 27 for a long time and pushed it well beyond the envelope and couldn't break it before he stepped up. I have a few friends who have Tiara 31's now. What power do you have ?
    If you still have it , you have a nice arsenal of cruising and speed toys.
    I'd say you've got great taste in boats !

Probably a new experience not hauling around refrigerators , stoves , airconditioners and toilets plus 300lbs of teak eh ? haha
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Thank You all for the warm welcome...

Ed Donnelly ... SW Ontario.. Sarnia

Carl C ... I have some trim tab issues along with some guage issues... I'll address them later in more detail... thank you much for asking.

Offshore Ginger... You worked for S2... I went thru the factory in Holland MI about 15 years ago... you worked for a pretty classy outfit... I was very impressed with the tour they put on.

Morgan's Cloud ... Yes I still have the Tiara & have been very pleased with it.. Its a 1991 with big blocks.... I'm sure my Donzi has the same quality characteristics as it has and I'm looking forward to years of enjoyment albeit a different type of boating than I have been used to.
    1999 22' Donzi Classic
    1991 31' Tiara Open

-----Zipper,,,We're neighbors (US side).
    Im just south of Marine City on the river. You will see my 24 DONZI (navy blue) on the lift in front of our house when May rolls around, unless Im out and about......Bill S

I'll look for ya... Mines a white with red stripe 22 classic. Come on summer !!!!
    1999 22' Donzi Classic
    1991 31' Tiara Open

Thread Information