Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Website Sign-in Issues ?

Website Sign-in Issues ?

For the last two weeks I have been trying to access the donzi.net website with no success.
    I have not been able to gain access, nor sign in to read any posts for the last two weeks until now early late Sunday/Monday .
    For the last two weeks straight I have tried to log-on and only get a server issue message saying that there is trouble with the donzi.net website I am trying to access.
    I have tried to gain access dozens of times over the last two weeks witn no success~~~until just now.
    I don't know if this was a server issue, or a problem with this website's V Bulletin's new spam filter.
    I tried to contact Scot at scot @donzi.net and that email only bounced back to me also.
    I did not have any other way to contact Scot as I did not have his phone contact number.

I see on another new thread here that Ed Donnelly has been having the exact same website access problem issue.

Any ideas , or help, greatly appreciated.
    Is anyone else having these same issues?
    Was any new spam filter change made to the site's V Bulletin software two weeks ago ?
    Last edited by silverghost; 11-21-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Me too....... just by chance this is the first time I've been able to view the site for days.

could not open it for weeks, first time today

It seems that several times a day, a few people could access this site
    (you know who you are) Keeping my fingers crossed...............Ed

50/50 on getting on the site during the past few weeks.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Day after day no go, then it works fine.

Odd I have been on almost every day but have gotten calls and emails about not being able to get on, I wonder if it may be a regional thing. Could it be that some servers are not linking properly? I also have been reading up on "Baidu Spider", BingBot Spider and other spiders and how they eat up band width. Baidu Spider is a Chinese spider that is particularly annoying and agressive, check out "who's on line" Baidu dominates the field. Maybe with it eating up so much band width it is denying users space to get on the site. There are several explanations of how to block it but it needs to be done by someone with site access.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

I have said this in the past and I'll say it again. It seems like the site is load balanced over multiple web servers (probably 2) and one of them goes down but the failover doesn't work right.

There are times I can get in from my phone but can't get in at my regular PC at the exact same time. So the people that can log in might just be in a different IP range and get the working server.

I have had the same issues trying to log on. For a week or 10 days I could not log on at all. Then it was hit and miss, the majority of the time it just says "cannot find server". Lately on some days it opens right up others not at all. At one point I early on I wondered if the site was gone.

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

+1 ...exactly.

have not had any issues at all over the last month using verizon wireless on my iphone and optimum for desktop/laptop.

I would imagine it is some kind of localized DNS or routing issue with local ISP.
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

mattyboy; I would not say local as we have people in Germany, Toronto, Vancouver,

Cali, and Wash, that have the same issue..Ed

Had an issue for the last 2 weeks, but only at work. My home computer had no issue. Originally, I thought the company had locked me out of the site, but I am on now. Thank god. Now I can goof again.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

It's funny, the different experiences people have had.......
    I just thought Scot was working on the site.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Ed
    I would think if the problem was locally at .net. Everyone would have the issue. I would think there is a router somewhere in the line that might have an older outdated database loaded into it or a missing routing statement. I bet you will find that from the effected members they all hit the same router once they leave their own network or as they get onto the .net providers network.

Thread Information