Thread: Seat bases

Seat bases

I hav the origional pedestool bases for the 18. Im just curious how they hold up? The floor is in the process of being shored up and reglassed. It seems like a better design on boats like an x18 that have the square base built right into the floor and the track mounts right to that. Resaon for asking I guess is that I dont want to sit too high nor do I want the seat to ever break loose... Im 6'3" and 240lbs...
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

FWIW, I'd go with the option that puts the seat as low as possible, minimizes the Ed Roth effect. In my 18, I often remove the seat cushion and sit on the plywood.

I like the X18 type seat base better. Its a lot firmer and more secure when riding in rough water. I have pedestals now and am considering changing them.
    I was clocking a Checkmate at speeds in the upper 80s when a boat crossed in front of us causing a slight rock where the seat sits on the pedestal and through me right out of the seat.

I found these Garelick bases that allow forward and aft movement and swivel. Im going to build and glass in new seat base boxes that the track will bolt to. My idea is to have a small door in the front of the box to house my radio.The mount is only 4 " high

75090.jpg

http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=75090
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Thread Information