Thread: Access Panel Engine compartment on a 16

Question Access Panel Engine compartment on a 16

Okay , did all the 16's with V8"s come with a access panel behind the back seat. I am guessing yes or how the hell do you access drive belts and such . It seems to be right up against the back wall of the seat. I do have a dress panel the would need to be altered .. thats a given. Meaning a panel for the blower and light bar for storage, this is raised off the back bulk head behind the back seat in the engine bay.
    And are there any photos out there of the access panel.
    I am still looking at putting a 5.0 MPI in and seems a little like jamming a square peg into a round hole?
    And do you have squared off bunks in the engine bay.. ? The MPI 2011 has a lot of hose and drain stuff that has to come off along with manifolds and risers to get it in.

may just need a bigger boat?

c

The sbc fits just have to be able to reach and do some wiggling to survice. Yes the seat panel will help for timming etc. If you don't want to cut hole in seat back for timming you can put small slot in the top of the flywheel housing and mark the flywheel at tdc. If you wan't to see what a 16 looks like with a sbc, an see what you have to deal with come have a look. I am located in Kingston.

Thread Information