Thread: Exhaust Question

Exhaust Question

Recently purchased an older Donzi w/ freshly rebuilt 350. I'd like to get rid of the cast iron risers. The boat is FWC. Can I use aluminum risers? I see the Stainless Marine are an aluminum / stainless combo. The boat will be run in salt water.
    Thanks, looking forward to asking lots of dumb questions,
    John

Hi JW. Some aftermarket exhausts use cast alum. risers instead of stainless, they'll all save a bunch of weight and maintenance on your sbc.
    With that unique name , I figure you're the same guy who posted the pic of a black and yellow triple hatch barrel back over on the bullet's boat thread. When I first saw the pic, I figured it was Ralph Saverese's boat and you were his son. I'm now thinking there are two black and yellow bb's running around on L.I.'s south shore. Post up some pic's !
    Mike
    Maddy's Daddy
    L.I.,N.Y.

Does your FWC go through the block only or the exhaust manifolds as well? If block only it does not make a difference if you have the FWC or not obviously. I am from the notion that heat, salt and aluminum don't mix but people here seem to show me wrong but the price....I'll stick with steel and replace every 5 years or so for $300.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Mike,
    I am Ralph's friend, it was his boat. I bought a project GT21. You know his goes 65 so I need at least 66 out of mine! Would 350 - 375 hp do it? Boat has a Volvo 280, not a "T"
    Biggie,
    I believe the exhaust manifolds are FWC as well. Here is a pic of the engine. Sorry for the mess, I had unshrinkwrapped unloaded it 15 minutes earlier.
    PS Where can I get an interior, it's wiped out...
    Thanks again,
    John

i can't post pictures

Mike,
    It is Ralph's boat in picture. I bought a 21 GT in pieces. It has a non trim volvo 280 with a fresh 350. I am thinking 383 with vortec or dart heads as a torque monster. Or just cam and heads on the 350? I need 66 mph ('cause ralph's goes 65) Do you think 375 - 400 hp will do it?
    Biggie,
    The manifolds are FWC. I have pics on photobucket:

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...nywhale/Donzi/

Also a little rot at transom. Ralph suggested gitrot and an aluminum plate. He was at it pretty good with an awl. Other than that just the hatch needs lovin'.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
    John

Good luck with the boat John, I'd like to get a look at it. As far as going faster than Ralph, building a faster boat is the easy part. Driving as fast as he does in ALL sorts of conditions is gonna take some seat time.
    Maddy's Daddy
    L.I.,N.Y.

And for the motor, it's my opinion that if you're going to drag around a sbc in the back, don't settle for less than 400ci.
    Maddy's Daddy
    L.I.,N.Y.

Mike,
    I plan on getting it in the garage in a couple of weeks, moving some vehicles out this weekend. I know i will be talking to you about props!
    John
    Uh, and maybe interiors, it's purty crunchy...

Thread Information