Thread: How do I keep bow down on 22 C?

How do I keep bow down on 22 C?

Quick question for you 22 guys. I've got a '06 GT 22 with the 496 HO. When taking off the bow rises to the point I'm blinded until it planes out. If I goose it good it goes up and comes back down quickly since it pretty much jumps out of the hole. What combination of tabs and drive trim should I try?

The front is going to lift on every boat, regardless of the brand. If you want to get on plane quicker, you can just put the tabs all the way down. The front will still lift for a little bit though.
    Donzi 22' Classic

Should not be that bad...my underpowered 454 hops on plane like nothing with tabs flat.
    Nick
    1994 22' Classic-454 B1 Red & white
    1981 13' Whaler sport(original owner)
    South Tampa Bay, FL "May I mamoo dogface to the banana patch?"

Different props will plane off differently. For example a four blade will plane you flatter, but you may not like other aspects of the ride (like me).

Seat Time

I have found this boat has so many different varibles that effect planing, slow driving and top speed. Fuel levels, amount of passengers sea conditions and prop set up all contribute to the ride. I am running a 26 Bravo 1 over the standard Mirage Plus 25 it came with, this cost top end but improved all other aspects. I am on my second trim switch as I am constantly changing the angle with the speed. I always trim all the way down for hole shot but the best answer is get plenty of seat time.

Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Lightbulb How to keep the 22C Bow Down ?

My uncle used to have my 300 lb Aunt Ruth sit up on the bow of his old mahogany Century Coronado to help keep it's bow down ; and get it up in plane.

Might also work for your Donzi 22 C ?
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Thats what I used to think but we got a 98 regal 2500 lsr for the wife to run around in, if you just keep adding a little throttle at a time that thing will get on plane with out lifting the bow

Thread Information