Thread: GM Alternator question

GM Alternator question

Does anyone recognize this alternator? Not sure if it's wired correctly - no part number to be found on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowflyn - '93 22C 502\OMC KC
    Oceanside, CA

Difference between Men and Boys -
    - It's the Top End !!

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

the mfr is prestolite,,usually the back of the alternator is marked where what wire goes..

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

the mfr is prestolite,,usually the back of the alternator is marked where what wire goes..'

Thank You Mr Fixx

After scapping years of paint off - I finally was able to read the markings as you have indicated. All looks good except the one AC connection was running to the Holley elect choke..???

As I have read - that choke requires 12v DC - not a minor AC sensing source????

The choke has never operated properly - never full open - either full closed or maybe 1/2 open - I jumpered 12v DC to it out of curiousity - and in a mater of 3 minutes - fully opened - U can see it open\move....

I believe this is a performance issue

This is why I'm digging in to everything... including - added a fuel pressure gage at the carb - this pump is maxed @2.8 - the Holley requires 7 to 9 psi.... I'll fix that latter

Right now.... after repairing and still looking for what ever other wiring problems - I still need to fire this new 502 ...
    At least then -

From the Heart Beat of a GM engine - Will come modivation !!

Again Thanks

Ken
    Lowflyn - '93 22C 502\OMC KC
    Oceanside, CA

Difference between Men and Boys -
    - It's the Top End !!

Thread Information