Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 'Irene'

Regardless of what some people might think about this storm being a WIMP and that the people up and down the eastern coastline may be WHINERS, because they didn't have 150+ mph winds, they were still dealing with a Hurricane non the less. What is this my Hurricane was worse than yours. These people are hurting and are going to be dealing with this for a long time to come. There has been loss of life, as well as property, and major flooding damage due to this so called WIMPY storm. Towns have been wiped out. I got in touch with George (Geeo) and for anybody who cares, Geeo and his family are OK. They have about 1ft of water in the basement and no power, but are hanging in there. He sent me some photos of his neighborhood. Gina and I pray that everyone who lives up north or may have family or friends up there are OK. You have a long road ahead, but we know you will get through this. GOD BLESS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

I feel very fortunate to not have any damage from the storm. Water rose higher then I have ever seen it but never got into the house and a tree missed my truck by a foot or two. There are some people around here that have not been so lucky, I would never try to trivialize their misfortune. Really surprised with some of the comments here from some respected members.

Definetly a storm with 2 distinct sides. My daughter Jamie is east of us in new haven CT at about the same Latitude she got the higher winds and less rain we got some wind and a foot of rain on the west side of the storm..
    major interstates are collapsed in NJ local roads in orange county are gone washed away.

the topology of the area is brutal for these heavy rains the hudson valley and the valley of the ramapo river are the drain in the bath tub all the run off in that part of the state go right thru it.

floyd was close but this storm definetly was worse and hurt the area. the last toal was about 40 dead because of Irene.

One story very sad in Rocland County. Father out checking the house for storm damage in rising waters, his young son wants to help, kid wanders to far playing in a puddle , down wires kid gets electrocuted the father rushes to him and falls the same fate the next door neighbor sees this and tries to help them but also electrocutes himself .
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

My wife is trying to drive our son to college in New Hampshire today, and as the old New Englander's say, "you can't get there from here". She can't get across Vermont. Roads and Bridges are washed out, houses and businesses washed away. She just called me in tears, just because of the devestation and loss of livelyhood she is seeing. It may not have been a Cat 3 Hurricane, but there are alot of people with no place to live, no place to work, or no access because of washed away homes and washed out bridges and roads.

In Lake George near us there are areas that may not have power for weeks. We were very luck to loose a couple trees and that was it. We only lost power for a few hours, but don't have phone service. We had no idea how bad it was until we tried to take a drive to see, and couldn't get where we were going. One road was blocked by thousands of trees down, along with the power poles and wires. It was only a couple miles from our house. I wish I had a camera with me. Without seeing it, you can't imaging the damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJycvY5RNo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sP88...eature=related
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

add the home of abbott and costello, Paterson NJ to the list of victims of the hype. they are feeling the wrath of the passaic river which just crested this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2DultK-ek
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

matty, have you seen the vid of the covered bridges in Vt. goin down,,, one of them was the oldest covered bridge in the country
    jim
    FISH HARD

I heard that Vermont lost 4 covered bridges. I also just saw that the K-1 base lodge at Killington Ski Area got washed away.
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Thread Information