Thread: Challenger stiletto 22

Challenger stiletto 22

Anybody knows anything about this boat type or it´s purpose. My friend MATS APPELGREN bought this in FL a few years back with a 750 hp BB and Yamaha drive. Back in sweden he put one of his own engines Apple racing 1250 hp M4 Pro charged BBC. The boat wich is a "tunneltype boat" Flat in the middle and at the sides with two tunnels .Story goes the factory owner built this for himself and went 99mph with it according to the ad. Anyway he tested the boat recently ,it was 100% stuck in the water like a ferry no way to trim it. He just ended up with a twisted gear axel. The way the bottom looks I think it needs very heavy wind from up front to get some air under it. Would bee fun if any of you knows anything of this boat or it´s like

I know nothing about that boat but the first thing I would try would be a 3-blade prop that gives good bow lift. Mirage +, Turbo, etc. Get the bow up and maybe it would pack some air under it better. Just my point-o-two.

Yes they tried that also but when he even thinks about triming the grip goes away .The only time they got a little grip was with the Maximus but using to many of the 1250 in the stable the ingoing shaft twisted. Hi will put that engine in something else next season.

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

fysis,,try posting on offshoreonly.com to try and get some answers..fair warning,,they will bust balls over that drive and hp going through it..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    fysis,,try posting on offshoreonly.com to try and get some answers..fair warning,,they will bust balls over that drive and hp going through it..
    yes probably. They also contain a set of discs (that he burned away) instead of the cone type Bravo uses. But the boat looks great especially from the front side. I Will put in a Question on OFO for him since the story is a kind of mysteri .It did had a supercharged 750hp BB with that Yamaha drive from the start in FL.

I suspect the tunnel is creating a vacuum . Maybe if you put something under there to aerate the water and break the surface tension it may come free.
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

Quote Originally Posted by joseph m. hahnl View Post
    I suspect the tunnel is creating a vacuum . Maybe if you put something under there to aerate the water and break the surface tension it may come free.
    ya he needs transom thrusters

fysis ? do you have pics of the lower front of he boat?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    ya he needs transom thrusters

fysis ? do you have pics of the lower front of he boat?
    I think he needs a lot of things including a few hours of flying shool if he got the thing to work. pics of the front comming up. Pretty cool I think.

Thread Information